Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Rustler VXL

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 01:50 AM
kmmthree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rustler VXL

I am new to the RC world. And I just recently bought a Rustler VXL and would like some information about some things. Like do's and dont's what I should do to upgrade my car to make it go faster etc. etc.. Any help would be appreciated. I have a 4500 battery and I don't really wanna buy a lipo yet.

Thanks For your help
Kenny
Old 12-23-2008, 03:31 AM
Barber420
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Rustler VXL

More cells in a battery will make your car faster. Changing the motor will make it faster. Changing shocks and shock towers will make it handle a lot better. Definitely go get some bearings for it. RPM front bumper is always a good idea.

Edit: Didn't realize it was a VXL. I know it already has bearings and their is no need to change the motor.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:05 AM
Access

The very first thing you should do is get the right kind of tires and change out the shock oil. If you are driving it off-road put 20 oil in the fronts and 25 in the rears. Getting this and the right kind of tires for whatever surface you tend to be on will help a lot.

The VXL already has a full set of bearings. I don't think there's any upgrades you can do there.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:11 AM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

buy a good charger so your batterys last a long time and give you good power etc.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:15 AM
kmmthree

I already have the brushless motor in it it came with the car and they said it would already do 70+ mph. Should I still need to change that for just starting out? I am under the impression that if I get the lipo battery then I will be going a whole lot faster... I just would rather not spend 200 bucks on a battery at the moment and then another 200 on a charger.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:38 PM
TIGER76

The 70+ claims would need a decent sized lipo around 3s etc

Try running a 9.6v (8cell) or bigger if you wanna stick with nimhs for now,i use these size packs and love the speed just make sure your charger can charge the amount of cells in the pack you use.
[8D]One word of warning when you see someone running a lipo pack you will want one me and my friends run pede vxls and i use the 9.6v nimh and he used 7.4v lipo packs and hes keeps up with mine easy even though im running more power his are putting out more power
Old 01-03-2009, 10:37 PM
JJay03

I have the same question about what hop ups would be best to get. I was thinking alloy shock towers, gearbox. What other parts would be good to get? I also have the rustler VXL.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:50 PM
DS Machine

I've got a Rustler VXL and the only real complaint I ever had was that the wheels will fly off once you hit about 50 mph if you don't tighten the nuts on prior to running. This happened to me about ten minutes after I got mine running. I was crawling around the cul-de-sac on my hands and knees looking for parts. All the kids on the street were quite amused.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:52 PM
JJay03

LoL maybe a tiny bit of blue loctite would help.