Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2003, 10:50 PM
KIlla_Krab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!!

Hey i am just getting my pro in about a week. I did not purchase a radio or any of that other good stuff. I heard of a 4 channel radio will work but i read something where it combines like two of something togerher i also heard that there is an other way with a 5 channel where you have to program of some stuff like that or i just dont know tell me what to get cause i am confuse with the radio and if your say a 4 channel what else i need or if i get a 5 channel what else i need????? write back as sone as possible
Help from someone please????????????????????
Old 06-03-2003, 08:15 AM
astronut30
My Feedback: (5)

Default Help!!!

If you run a 4 channel, you'll be combining your pitch and throttle, it'll be flyable but will not allow your heli to it's potential and you won't be able to do 3D in the future.

Best thing to do is get a nice 6 or 7 channel heli radio (I almost guarantee you'll get one in the near future anyway), there are nice inexpensive ones on the market that will allow you to grow and will allow your Pro Picc to live up to it's potential when your skills allow.

Hitec Eclipse is one of them and the Airtronics RD 6000 Super is another, they're both under $300 and will do almost everything you'll ever need.

I personally have an Airtronics RD 6000 Super and it has more than I need and everything I'll probably ever need, quality is just unbelievable and I can't believe myself that this radio sells for less than $300.

If you stick to heli's, which you probably will become an addict like a lot of us then that's the way to go, you won't regret it.

If your budget absolutely doesn't allow, then you're probably better off just getting a cheap 4 channel and getting a heli radio when you save up some $.
Old 06-03-2003, 06:18 PM
KIlla_Krab

Default Ok now i want this

http://www.futaba-rc.com/radios/futk55.html i like this this one, wait i am going to get this one. Ok now since i am getting this remote the picciolo plus board what else do i need electric wise. With this remote want is the programing like for the pico pro and what type is it cause i dont really understand what i need to program. I wanna flr for a good 20-30 mins and good batterys, with nice prices and what changer and so on thanks???
P_aul
write back asap
Old 06-03-2003, 08:11 PM
astronut30

Default Help!!!

I don't think that would be a good choice, it doesn't look like it has any heli options, like idle up and throttle/pitch curves etc.

You will quickly outgrow that one, but it's your choice...
Old 06-03-2003, 08:23 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Help!!!

You need to look at a radio that will work with helicopters. It will make things so much easier.

What city are you in. Lets try to hook you up with someone local and you can go visit them and see what is all involved. They can help you pick the right equipt and show you why it is right.
Old 06-03-2003, 09:33 PM
KIlla_Krab

Default Help!!!

Originally posted by astronut30
I don't think that would be a good choice, it doesn't look like it has any heli options, like idle up and throttle/pitch curves etc.

You will quickly outgrow that one, but it's your choice...
This will be my first radio and i dont know that much about helis i mean i have had the flight sim about all winter preparing so. I am getting the pico pro and i never heard of it having an idle up , and from what i know one of the channels would be the throttle? pitch?cures?
Old 06-03-2003, 09:36 PM
FLYBOY

Default Help!!!

Throttle controls how fast the blades go, pitch is the pitch of the blades (makes it go up and down), rudder or tail rotor moves the nose left and right, aileron or left right cyclic rolls the heli left and right, elevator or forward back cyclic is your pitch or up and down with the nose. If you want to use a gyro, it will take a 6th channel. I would get minimum of 6 channels with the radio or you will have to buy a new one as soon as you move to a bigger helicopter. Get a good radio now and you won't have to waste the money buying a new one later.
Old 06-03-2003, 09:40 PM
FLYBOY

Default Help!!!

What sim are you using? G2 has the idle up function. If you aren't using it, try it, Idle up makes the blades spin faster and doesn't cut the throttle so you can use full pitch range. Makes it easier to do more stuff.
Old 06-03-2003, 10:17 PM
KIlla_Krab

Default Really

now i read about the radio that it is a seven channel radio so that does or does not mean i can a gyro on it in the future heli. How i want this radio but i would have to buy a micro reciver, micro servos ect. for one could i even do that with the number chip that is comes with, unless you know where i can get a good radio with micro stuff and get it for 179 bucks and i look really cool
If i get this radio how do i learn how to program it, what would i have to program?????
Old 06-03-2003, 10:41 PM
KIlla_Krab

Default After this post ^

after i read what everyone said about the radio i wanted how about this onehttp://www.futaba-rc.com/radios/futk31.html
write back a response and we will go from the there if this one is good anwser my question relating to this radio from the about post
Old 06-04-2003, 05:00 AM
astronut30

Default Help!!!

Here's a link for a lot more radio for less $
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXWC35**&P=7

I admit I'm biased and have one of these and love it! Super smooth and precise stick movement, feels comfortable in your hands, looks sweet, high quality and easy to program. It will do everything you need and more. When you get into other heli's or airplanes, no problemo. It would be a very long time if ever before you outgrow this one.

The Hitec Eclipse is another radio in your range that's excellent from what I hear.

Maybe some others can give other ideas on great radios in your range.

Any 72 mhz FM radio will work with the Receiver and board if you got one that comes with the piccolo.

As far as programming your settings, you should just wait till you get everything and assemble everything, you could probably do a search and find what you need or you can just chime in here and we can give you a hand.
Old 06-04-2003, 01:53 PM
FLYBOY

Default Help!!!

This wouldn't be RCFirewings Mark would it?

That would be a better radio for helicopters. It has more functions of what you want.
Old 06-04-2003, 04:21 PM
astronut30

Default Help!!!

hey, Firewings mark? me? no
Old 06-04-2003, 04:39 PM
cebrey

Default Help!!!

I'll second that. I've seen astronut around for a good while, whereas RCFIREWINGS Mark was a bit of a flash in the pan.
Old 06-04-2003, 06:56 PM
FLYBOY

Default Help!!!

Didn't mean astronut30, I was talking about KIlla_Krab.

Sounds familiar, and he didn't respond to the questions I asked either time trying to help him.

Was just curious. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 06-04-2003, 07:45 PM
cebrey

Default Help!!!

Hmmm, yes, fair point. I'll look at his posts and compare them with those of RCFIREWINGS and see if I can spot anything.
Old 06-04-2003, 09:23 PM
KIlla_Krab

Default Uhhh Nahhh

wrong person but i wanna thank you for the help so far ok now if i get the http://www.futaba-rc.com/radios/futk31.html (futaba) or the http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXWC35**&P=7 (airtronics) do i need the PicoBoard since i can program with the radio for mixing and such??? Now i got to still have to get a micro reciver and micro servos and suggestions on what ones i need for the pico pro???? And the last thing is a good batteries and a good changer for a good price? I want one of the batteries that i can fly at least 20 mins and change within a short period??? Any help on any of these things would be very helpful and tell me if i forgot any thing???
Thanks for the help
P_aul
P.s i forgot what i need for the micro reciver to power it
W/B asap
Old 06-04-2003, 09:42 PM
KIlla_Krab

Default Help!!!

What radio is better for a ten dollar difference
Old 06-04-2003, 09:42 PM
FLYBOY

Default Help!!!

Like I said earlier, you won't get a 20 minute flight on a battery. More like 5 to 8. I am not sure what the picoboard is. The one we had was just the heli, and we did all the mixing in the radio. Did you look up any of the local clubs in the area there to get help setting the thing up? That would be very bennificial to you. Will save you a very costly mistake.
Old 06-04-2003, 09:44 PM
FLYBOY

Default Help!!!

On the radio, I prefer Futaba, I have had nothing but trouble with Airtronics, but that is just me. Lots of happy Airtronics customers out there.
Old 06-05-2003, 02:27 AM
astronut30

Default Help!!!

Triton charger is great for the price, about $125 or so, you need lithium batteries for the kind of times you want, they're not going to be cheap but well worth it!
Old 06-05-2003, 12:21 PM
Wright Flyer

Default Help!!!

Killa,

Don't make the mistake of getting the Futaba 6X rather than the RD6000. I've got a Futaba 6 myself but when I change from my current FP heli to a CP one I'm going to be getting a new radio that has better heli support. For example the Fut 6 only has 3 point throttle and pitch curves while the RD6000 has 5 point curves. I've also heard that the Hitec Eclipse 7 is another "good un" for its heli support so when I come to buy one the choice will be between RD6000 and Eclipse 7 but not a Futaba (their next ones up their scale - "8" and "9" - are in a totally different price league)

Cliff
Old 06-05-2003, 05:07 PM
KIlla_Krab

Default Help!!!

Ok now i am getting the rd6000 i need i micro reciver that has so good distances i need to to find a 6 channel micro reciver, and good ones give me a reply i fond three good batteries made by different companies for good flight times
Ikarus
E-Tech
Kokam
Dont know what one is the best???
thanks
P_aul

P.S GWS 6 Channel Receiver would word but i dont think it will word with the rd6000 and i read that it dose not get good distances from what i read on dreamhobbies
Old 06-05-2003, 05:26 PM
astronut30

Default Help!!!

This receiver looks like it'll work out nice for you.
http://www.servocity.com/ServoCity/P...cro_fm_rx.html

As far as the battery, I'd get the Etec, I've heard nothing but good things about them.
Old 06-08-2003, 10:41 PM
KIlla_Krab

Default Help!!!

already have my piccolo pro just the heli tho
I just finished putting it together today i need to know something tho? I am getting the above reciver so dose this mean i need the pico plus board plus what dose the board do anyway???
P_aul

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.