Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Maximum ST pro Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 08:08 AM
gihzmo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maximum ST pro Help

I have a Duratrax Maximum ST Pro with a Torq .16 engine, the pull start on the engine is broke and I cannot find any replacement. I am leaning towards the idea of scrapping it and just getting an electric Stampede (My son got one for xmas, and I love it, not as fast, but it is fun) But just in the past month I had pulled it out of storage, bought fuel, a glowplug, springs, a new spur gear and a couple other pieces. It also seems to have problems turning, I dont know if the servo is worn out or if there is a bind somewhere but it is hard to turn when it is on the ground.

It seems like every time I take it out, something else breaks on it. Overall what do you guys think the best thing to do would be? I assume I could buy another engine for it to replace the Torq .16, but that is another $100+ in it and I dont know if it is worth it.

The ideal solution would be to find a way to start it without investing alot of money into it. My LHS suggested getting a starter box for it, but I dont even know if it will work with the Maximum because the flywheel does not seem like it is close enough to the chassis to be reached by the starter box wheel.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you
Old 01-03-2009, 09:49 AM
The_Collector

Default RE: Maximum ST pro Help

Cash it in on eBay as a parts car. Alot of folks are still running them.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:14 AM
rcguy1411

Default RE: Maximum ST pro Help

im think that the pullsart from a hpi .15 fits may have to change the omeway bearing though i have a couple of thease on my shelf great little truck as for the stearing disconect the servo horn and check that the stearing is free you can also pick up compleett trucks on e bay for like $80 to $100 dollars witch is why i keep mine around worht more in fun than in $$$$$