Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Feda/Skylark

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 04:05 PM
jonbar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feda/Skylark

The circuit board on my new Skylark only has one red LED. It blinks while setting up and then glows steady when ready to fly. My question is that there is only one trim pot on the circuit board. Does anyone know what it controls or have any other info on this unit????
Old 06-04-2003, 07:28 PM
staggerwing10
My Feedback: (1)

Default Feda/Skylark

it probably controls the tail gain, or in other words how much current goes to the tail motor when the main throttle is in a certain position. if the board has a build in gyro then it is the gyro gain pot, which adjusts how much the gyro conpensates for detected movement. on my piccoboard there are two pots, one for tail gain the other for gyro gain.
hope this helps
cheers
Old 06-10-2003, 03:26 AM
EricMS

Default Feda/Skylark

You must have the newer version of the skyark. The version that I have has two pots which control the neutral position and the gain. If you only have one, my guess is gain. This is only a guess, but most likely, if you turn it clockwise, your heli will rotate more right, counter-clockwise and will rotate more left. You use this if it still spins with max trim. Idealy, you want to be able to turn it on and only trim about 1 or 2 'ticks' from center.

Also, I don't have a FEDA, but I'm almost certain it is not the same as a Skylark despite what others say. If it didn't come it a box that says Skylark on it, then I have no idea what electronics are on it and what I said is probably not valid.
Old 06-10-2003, 05:15 AM
exspluu

Default Feda/Skylark

I have the same model as yours and I seem to have the same problem with torq control I'll check to see what the setup is on the mixer board and let you know what the results are.
Old 11-19-2003, 10:08 AM
CraZiVi3tDuDe
My Feedback: (18)

Default Gyro Trim

i have the skylark and my board also has 2 trims. which one is the neutral trim and which one is the gain trim. let me know. thx.
Old 11-20-2003, 12:14 AM
Banished Outside

Default RE: Gyro Trim

EricMS,

I have attached a pic of my FEDA board with 2 pots, is this the same as the board you speak of?
If so which pot is which

Steve
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15361.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	76076  
Old 11-20-2003, 09:14 AM
MTDV
My Feedback: (58)

Default RE: Gyro Trim

Steve,

I don't think your board has any trim or pot. Two adjustable things on your board are the inductor coil, and one is used to select frequency (the lower one) and one is used for antenna matching imedance. Do not adjust these coils, or you will loose control of your heli. Unless you have the scope to set it back. I hope this would help.

MTDV.