Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

How to Replace throtle Servo

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 10:41 AM
hghflyrjd1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to Replace throtle Servo

Ok I just orderd a hitec ultra tourqe servo.. I want to put that in place of the stock stearing servo and then Would i put the stock stearing servo in place of the stock throtle servo? or just keep the stock throtle servo in place..Are the two stock servos the same power How do i get to remove the servos..The manual shows how, but how do i get to the bottom of the servos to get the screws out
Old 01-16-2009, 11:05 AM
3-172IN MTN

Default RE: How to Replace throtle Servo

To remove the steering servo(which has more power than the brake/throttle servo) you can remove the front skid plate. The four screws on the brake throttle servo are located on the top of the servo inside of the battery box.

just remove the servo horn and the four screws holding it down and you should be able to pop it up.

hope that helps.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:12 AM
PrjctStrtFrce
My Feedback: (10)

No need to remove skidplates...I just used a long screwdriver to get to those screws.

Like many have said before, the stock steering servo is more powerful than the stock throttle servo, thus why we said to put the stock steering servo into the throttle servo position.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:27 AM
hghflyrjd1

once I get those four screws off the steering servo from the BOTTOM, The servo will just fall out, and then just add the new one in its place, and do the same with the throttle from the top and switch the two stock servos?
Old 01-16-2009, 01:17 PM
3-172IN MTN

that is pretty much it. You might have to pull on it a bit to get it out but it will come out fairly easily. And, when I say pull I dont mean with a tool, I mean a light tug with your fingers.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:10 PM
hghflyrjd1

ok got that part, once i go to attach the arm to the new servo, is there a certain possition or anything it needs to be in, or do i just make sure the wheels are straight and then screw it in? thanks again guys
Old 01-16-2009, 02:32 PM
MadManAndrew

Before attaching the servo arm, center up the steering trim on your transmitter, and turn your RX and TX on so that the servo will center, then make the wheels as straight as you can and press the servo arm onto the servo...
Old 01-16-2009, 02:48 PM
hghflyrjd1

thanks cant wait to get my order from towerhobbies