Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Hmmmm, i dont know how to title this.haha.

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 01:46 AM
rccarman81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hmmmm, i dont know how to title this.haha.

Aaanywaays. I already have my mind set for the HPI Firestorm for my next vehicle by HPI (My other one is a Savage XL). But I was just curious what are the differences, or goods and bads on the Hellfire and the Firestorm (The Hellfire would've been my choice, but price matters.)...sooooo yeeeeaaaah.......yeeaah.....hmmmmmm.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:04 AM
PrjctStrtFrce
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: Hmmmm, i dont know how to title this.haha.

Two totally different categories

[link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXPVD8&P=0]Compare[/link] and [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXLJV0&P=0]contrast[/link] the two there.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:05 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

The Hellfire is 4wd, with a 28. The Firestorm is 2wd with an 18.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:59 AM
rccarman81

No offense, but this isnt exactly what im looking for. i have already seen and done a bunch of research. but thats feels like that is not enough. so now im just curious as to what everyones opinions are on them. like the differences, or goods and bads are on both models.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:54 AM
twomanytoys

I think you are going to get the same answers. Both trucks cant even be compaired. 2 different trucks in 2 different classes, different sizes, speed etc... Of courst the hellfire will be the better truck . If you have teh money then its a no brainer.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:09 AM
BudBud

I think there are much better truggies to be had for less money than a Hellfire. I am a Hpi kind of guy, but that one is several years behind on the upgrades. Some of these newer truggies are so much better handling, better built and can be had used for half the money. I am afraid I would pass on the Firestorm as well, some of the race chassies in that class will smoke it in every way. Just my 2 cents worth...
Old 01-25-2009, 08:10 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The Firestorm though would be more different from the Savage XL. So'd you'd have more of a mix-up between your two trucks.. One a big burly 4WD MT with 3-speed, the other a much smaller, ligther, and cheaper 2WD stadium truck..

A lot of guys seem to complain about 2WD handling. But I think I'd like the challenge..

You need to also be clear about where you want to run it. If in grass, I'd probably skip the Firestorm.. I don't know about pricing, but I myself would like to try out a Jato some day..

And yeah, if you specifically want a truggy, well that's a whole 'nuther can of worms...
Old 01-25-2009, 12:19 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

overpowered 2wd is loads of fun, i've only run electrics but still crazy fun and it teaches you to drive, but is murder on tires, yeah firestorm is a decent truck but there are better for the $, like AE's GT2,

the lug
Old 01-25-2009, 03:19 PM
BudBud

I will second that GT2, we put an OS 18 on one and it is a riot! You can do donuts on blacktop or concrete with it and it can fry the back tires clear down to the reinforcing ribs in two tanks of fuel. You can also do insane wheelies with it and it has crazy top speed. It actually is my nephew's truck and it is very fast... and quick.. for not much money. It ran great on the original engine as well. He just wore it out, there is a limit to how much an engine will take and that one took a lot! The original engine did not break, it just had about the top fin ground off from lid skids and had worn the piston and sleeve down so bad it would barely start. Not complaining, we ran it hard and we ran it a lot.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:24 PM
46u

For the Hellfire you would be better to look in the truggy thread as that is what they are and the Firestorm in the 1/10 stadium truck forum. I am a HPI man and have 5 of there vehicles but if I was going to get a truggy it would not be the Hellfire.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:58 PM
BudBud

Right now a bunch of racers are dumping their Mugen MBX5T for the newer designed chassis, engine forward a little, lighter, better balanced. The Mugen is an excellent truggy, probably the toughest truggy in its class and right now a nice used prospec can be bought for under 200 dollars. You will need an engine, exhaust and electronics. I bought one complete with a NovaRossi 528XR for a little over 300, smoking deal, nice truck, I may never get it back from my son
Old 01-25-2009, 09:43 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: BudBud

Right now a bunch of racers are dumping their Mugen MBX5T for the newer designed chassis, engine forward a little, lighter, better balanced. The Mugen is an excellent truggy, probably the toughest truggy in its class and right now a nice used prospec can be bought for under 200 dollars. You will need an engine, exhaust and electronics. I bought one complete with a NovaRossi 528XR for a little over 300, smoking deal, nice truck, I may never get it back from my son
yeah i read a great review on it when it first came out, yeah i think that'ld be the truggy i'ld get or the MXB6T when it comes out, cuz it'll be older by the time i'ld be in the market to dump $600 at least but the MXB5T would definetally be worth looking at, or the HB truggy that may or may not come out, but if it does i'd give that a look if the D8 is anything to go by

the lug
Old 01-26-2009, 06:50 PM
rccarman81

46u, what if you were looking for a stadium truck? would the firestorm be worth it? and im not looking for a truggy to race. just for a bash. also the reason why i want one of those is because i want a variety of vehicle, not just monster trucks.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:33 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

if you want a 2wd stadium truck, ITBHO you would be better off with an AE RC10GT2