Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

rooster esc

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 09:21 PM
corpestipp
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rooster esc

i just ordered the rooster crawler esc, it says that it has a output for a external 6v fan, is this becuase they over heat? and can i also bash around with it pluged into my 27t brushed motor that came with my ax10 rtr ???? but mostly the 55t motor will be what i use.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:29 PM
Druss

Default RE: rooster esc

You need to find the turn limit of the esc that will tell you whether you can use the 27t or not.

As for the fan, depends on how hot the ambient temp is, what motor you're running, what gearing you have.... etc. A lot of things will affect how hot the esc gets, I have fans when I run mine in the summer but don't use them in the winter.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:28 AM
corpestipp

will the rooster batery plug in have the same plug in as my standard 6 cell 7.2v battery? it says it has a tamiya connector, but the picture of it looks like mine?
Old 02-17-2009, 12:32 AM
corpestipp

this is what mine looks like , is it the same battery connector as a tamiya connector? and can i just cut conectors of and wire it hard?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50904.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	1137803  
Old 02-20-2009, 12:27 AM
K-large

What you have is a Tamiya style connector. Converting to a Deans connector, or some other high current connector is a good idea though. I wouldn't recommend hard wiring it, as you would need to solder it everytime you wanted to change the battery.