Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

Servo Receiver or something else the problem? Please help!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Servo Receiver or something else the problem? Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 09:16 AM
xt2nitro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo Receiver or something else the problem? Please help!

Hi everyone,

I have an X-Terminator 2 RTR created by XTM Racing. I have had good use out of my car until one of the servos started not working at medium speed and my car crashed because I could not put on the brakes and the fail safe could not kick in because of the broken servo (the servo is a Hi-Tec metal geard servo which cost me £30). The car took impact well and was fine with no parts broken. I took the servo back to the model shop and they sent it away to be repaired... 3 weeks later the servo came back and I had great use out of the car until the same thing happened to it again (the servo jammed) so I replaced the Hi-tec servo, and receiver with a spare servo and new receiver. After a small amount of use the spare servo also jammed (so it could not be the receiver) and would not move. So both of my servos are broken, and I will go to model shop on monday to see what they say.

I found that if the engine was not started and I was less than 2 metres away the servo would work for 30 - 45 seconds then jam, then I could tap on servo and it would work again for 30 - 45 seconds. But if I was more than 2 metres away the servo would either jam or go into a huge fit and the steering servo would move at it's own achord. It seems like every servo I put in it will jam and just not work after short amount of normal use, and for some reason it is always the throttle servo that brakes. I have no idea what could cause this... I have checked wires, screws, the failsafe, everything. Would anyone be able to help me solve the problem or offer advice?

Thanks loads...
Old 02-22-2009, 09:48 AM
joeyhatch11

Default RE: Servo Receiver or something else the problem? Please help!

Could there be a problem with the failsafe that's causing the problem? Have you tried disconnecting the failsafe and running it direct to the Rx? Leave the motor off and try it that way. Also, are the servo's your using putting out enough torque? If not they could be jamming and burning out. Other than that I dont know what else it could be.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:48 AM
mikewait

I think you didn't set you end points with you radio properly, the servos are trying to open your thorttle farther or shorter than it can actually go. (i think it bunt it self from being under stress for soo long trying to open the carborator more even though it was fully open.), or the screw that holds the servo arm and the servo together is too long and it damaged the servo inside ( once happened to me i lost the original screw so i put a new one in and it broke the servo because it was so long it broke something inside.)
Old 02-22-2009, 10:19 AM
xt2nitro

I have checked the fail safe again, and it is not that. I think they have burnt out as the throttle was trying to open to far. If the servos have burnt out does that mean that they are ready for the bin?
Old 02-22-2009, 10:52 AM
joeyhatch11

Yup, no longer any good. Send them to "the bin" Hahaha Sorry to hear about that though. That sucks. Better luck with the new ones. Joe
Old 02-22-2009, 12:51 PM
xt2nitro

Thanks for all the advice. Will let you know when I put the new servos in...
Old 02-22-2009, 07:24 PM
RCguru09
Banned

Several things can be the problem. What band is tthe radio 27 or 75. AM or Fm. Best to go with 75 FM. Outside micro interference can cause these problems your having. Location and area where you drive too. loots of radio frequency noise.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:00 PM
xt2nitro

I have put in my new throttle servo and everything is working great. The only thing I would say is that the brakes seem to be a little slow response in the car... I am going to try and figure out this one now...
Old 03-02-2009, 12:23 PM
Airbus 9e

I would agree with the above poster....Check the endpoint adjustments to make sure that you're not trying to pull the throttle or brakes past their endpoit....I had this same problem on my Losi Aftershock....I replaced the servo, and installed the better LST2 Throttle/Brake linkage.....a $4 part....