Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

DHL is the worst!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

DHL is the worst!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 04:19 PM
Gary Jefferson
My Feedback: (167)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DHL is the worst!!

If anyone is considering shipping anything through DHL I would think twice!! Last year they lost a complete F-16 that I sold here on RCU and shipped through them. It took me alot of time and effort to collect my money from them during which time the buyer became very frustrated.

Just this week I received a collection notice from DHL over a lousy $25.00 from another sale here on RCU that I would have happily paid if only I had known it was overdue. They ran a credit card that supposedly would not go through (the only incident for this card BTW) and instead of them calling me or sending me a bill they simply gave it to a collection agency. I have never had anything sent to a collection agency before!!

In an attempt to call DHL, I was on hold for 30 minutes and then got nowhere with their billing department because I think I was transferred to India or something since not a single person spoke English that I could understand.

I have read that they have had massive layoffs and they have closed the facility here in Ohio. Apparently my 30 minute wait was due to the fact that there are hardly any employees left working there anymore and the ones that are still around are totally incompetent.

In short, if you sell something on RCU and you need to ship it use someone else!!
Old 02-23-2009, 05:18 PM
rcpete347
My Feedback: (251)

Default RE: DHL is the worst!!

HI Gary, we used to have Bell Canada, for our phone service, but now it should be called, Bell India.
Rcpete
Old 02-23-2009, 06:04 PM
KC36330

not sure what the deal is with DHL but in this part of the country they've went 'out of business' and they've removed all the DHL insignia off their trucks (still pretty noticable with the yellow van with red strips) but they've painted over the DHL that was on the sides, word was they went bankrupt.

might of been your $25 that forced them into foreclosure
Old 02-23-2009, 06:11 PM
Patrick Frost
Banned
My Feedback: (88)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gary,

Hang in there buddy! On the bright side of things.....................in 7 YEARS your credit will be restored. Hey...........................it could be worse.........................your house could burn down TWICE in 90 days and you could loose all your contents in the house. (sucks to be me eh?) Seriously, Hang in there and use UPS from now on.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:34 PM
SPLIT S

Here you
go...
DHL EXPRESS TO FOCUS U.S. BUSINESS ON INTERNATIONAL SERVICES

Plantation, Fla. November 10, 2008

- Domestic-only services end January 30, 2009
- International shipping to/from U.S. remains intact
- Will reduce U.S. operating costs by over 80%
- U.S. stays an integral part of DHL's global network

DHL, the world's number one international logistics and express service provider, today announced a repositioning of its U.S. Express business. Beginning January 30, 2009, DHL's U.S. Express business will focus entirely on its international offerings and will discontinue its domestic-only air and ground services. However, the company will retain a strong international presence and capability in the U.S. going forward.

The announcement was made this morning at a press conference held in Bonn, Germany by Deutsche Post World Net, parent company of DHL U.S. Express.

"This is the right move for our U.S. Express operations given the current economic climate and for the long run," said John Mullen, Global CEO of DHL Express. "Focusing our U.S. Express efforts on what we do better than anyone else - international shipping - serves the best interests of our customers, employees and shareholders around the world."

In order to meet its financial goals, DHL U.S. Express will close its U.S. ground hubs, and reduce the number of stations from 412 to 103. This will result in an additional reduction of 9,500 U.S. jobs at DHL Express on top of the approximately 5,400 positions already reduced since January. The company will retain 3,000 to 4,000 U.S. Express employees, tailored to the needs of international express customers. These measures will allow DHL's U.S. Express business to reduce its operating costs from $5.4 billion to under $1 billion, a decrease of over 80%.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:10 PM
Greg Wright
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Gary don't feel bad the same thing goes for UPS they took an air plane that i sold on here 5 months ago and told me that there would be no problem with deliverying it un damaged. Come to find out that when it was delivered they had taken and destroyed a ready to fly $7000.00 jet to the guy and then they would'nt even cover the insurance that i paid for. They finally agreed to pay the guy just enough to replace the plane. But that still don,t make them a good company. In other words, DON'T USE UPS EITHER!!!!!!!!. It seems like the only way we can get anything delivered properly these day's is to do it our self's.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35262.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	1143345  
Old 02-23-2009, 08:29 PM
trioval00
My Feedback: (17)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

in the past, i have used Greyhound for shipping both too and from. never had a problem. Ups has damaged a few items I had bought, and DGHL also damaged a body kit I bought for my kids car a few years ago......

Mark
Old 02-23-2009, 09:45 PM
lousyflyer

I once waited three months for an overnight letter from the USPS. Didn't have a scar on it, though!
Old 02-23-2009, 10:00 PM
check6ii
My Feedback: (12)

DHL only deals with international shipping now. No domestic US shipping. They layed off 50k workers nationwide. Be careful buying things-companies are in business today and out of business tomorrow. And we are going to see alot more of that sort of thing. I agree, it sure SUX
Old 02-23-2009, 10:12 PM
scoeroo
My Feedback: (9)

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Ordered a 50% edge 540 from Bill Hemple , the last one he had.

UPS in all their wisdom decided to put the forklift blades thru the box , this in turn busted up the fuselage pretty badly , now I sit and wait for 4 months untill I get a new one !!!!!!!!!

This is my Useless Parcel Service experience. MY 2 cents worth.[>:][>:][>:]
Old 02-23-2009, 11:41 PM
u2fast
My Feedback: (37)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

forward air. the only way to go. you crate it strong and they will get it there. never had a single issue with them. johhny hernandez turned me onto them many years ago. barry
Old 02-24-2009, 09:54 AM
Patrick Frost
Banned
My Feedback: (88)

Gary,

I forgot to mention that BVM shipped my Ultra Bandit last week via Global Bax and there wasnt a scratch on it. This is the 3rd time I have used them with no problems. I have also used Yellow Freight 7 times with no problems yet.

I remember 5 years ago when I bought your new 60" Sabre and you shipped it to me via DHL and it was a joke to see the wings dinged up and the box/crate beat to heck. That was all it took for me not to ever use them again since I had to make all the repairs on my own. (just figured it wasnt worth filing a claim and then having to wait 11 months to receive a $100 check that wouldnt be worth the hassle.)
Old 02-24-2009, 01:27 PM
Gary Jefferson
My Feedback: (167)

I guess we don't have to worry about it anymore since they are essentially out of business . It is bad that all of the people have lost jobs but I have no sympathy for DHL as a company. They caused me a great deal of grief over the lost F-16 and may well have caused my wife and I our first ever credit issue in almost 25 years that we have been married. Again, for a lousy $25.00!! I am glad they are gone frankly!!

I think I agree with the other post though; after losing the F-16 I decided that I will only deliver planes now or meet someone to make the sale. It is just not worth the risk of losing thousands of dollars.

Patrick, I forgot about your incident. I think you said your employee saw DHL push it out the back of the van and onto the ground, if I remember correctly.

I really don't think any of the shippers are worth a crap when it comes to getting an item from point A to point B undamaged. I have had damage or loss by DHL who lost the F-16, UPS that smashed a prop plane I sold years ago, and Forward Air who ran over a Eurosport. When I went to Forward Air to pick up the box there were tire tracks on the box from the forklift truck. The guy actually had the nerve to say to me "I wasn't going to say anything unless you noticed". I guess he also thought I also wasn't going to notice that the box was completely flat, as were the wings inside the box. The fuselage box didn't fare much better and had holes through the side from the forks and so did the fuselage.

Now because of all of these bad experiences I just will not ship planes anymore.

Gary
Old 02-24-2009, 01:46 PM
KC36330

I've never had a problem with UPS myself, i guess I'm lucky, i know most of the people at the local office and anything important i get them to declare it a "HIGH VALUE ITEM" and it gets special handling from that point on, it's never put on a belt system and it's always hand carried/hand packed and everything I've shipped has showed up with not so much as a mark on the box.

could well be now that the DHL employees who felt the need to ignore FRAGILE HANDEL WITH CARE stickers, who threw boxes, ran over them with forklifts/trucks, kicked, played tic tac toe on the side of the box, etc....etc...etc..................... are the ones sitting at the unemployment office now.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:44 PM
JetCatJimmy

I have had great luck with Greyhound PackageXpress. Shipping large boxes, oversized and VERY expensive by UPS and USPS standards, is only about $50 to go cross-country. Not bad!

Sorry to hear about your experiences. This seems to be more the norm than the exception these days. That's the incredible thing!
Old 02-24-2009, 02:58 PM
KC36330

ORIGINAL: JetCatJimmy

I have had great luck with Greyhound PackageXpress. Shipping large boxes, oversized and VERY expensive by UPS and USPS standards, is only about $50 to go cross-country. Not bad!

Sorry to hear about your experiences. This seems to be more the norm than the exception these days. That's the incredible thing!

i tried to use them once.........unless they've changed it the max declared value (and the most they'll pay you for damage) you can put on a shipment with Greyhound is 300 bucks.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:03 PM
JetCatJimmy

Online, the max declared value is $300, but you can insure up to $1k, so jets are out but they don't manhandle the boxes like any other delivery service. I've shipped with them numerous times.