Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

UCD Crash / Cline Fuel Regulator

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

UCD Crash / Cline Fuel Regulator

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2003, 06:02 PM
sigflyer_us

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UCD Crash / Cline Fuel Regulator

Folks,
Just a heads up. I crashed my UCD 3D last night as a result of the Saito 100 engine dying while I was 15 feet off the deck preparing for a harrier landing.

Now that I've had time to reflect, I strongly suspect it's the result of loading up the motor/flooding while running at or near idle speeds.
I just ordered a cline regulator.... wish I would have before!

I'm also going to try onboard glow as another saftely mechanism.

No complaints with the plane. Hovers all day on the Saito 100 with a 14x8 break in prop.
Old 06-10-2003, 06:56 PM
YNOT

Been there done that but with a 91 FX.

A buddy of mine was running into the same problem with the same motor, we found a different solution.

The tank sits up so high it loads up the motor, so what we did was, we ran an extra long fuel tubing and looped it inside the cowling. So it comes from the tank and loops around twice, in about a 3 inch diameter circle. Similar to what we do on R/C cars. We do it on cars so if the car flips upside down, it does not run out of fuel, there is fuel still in the line.

It takes a little time to get fuel to the motor the first starting, however it cured the problem of the motor loading up on the bottom.

Put a couple of small tie wraps to hold the fuel line together, but not too tight that it restricts the fuel flow.

Never had the loading up problem again on his with the 91FX and it does not have a problem pulling fuel.
Old 06-11-2003, 01:22 AM
jsnipes
My Feedback: (3)

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

All you need is the Cline ... don't worry about onboard glow if you get the Cline ... just adding weight.

Jamie
Old 06-11-2003, 05:03 AM
GasRookie

Originally posted by YNOT
Been there done that but with a 91 FX.

A buddy of mine was running into the same problem with the same motor, we found a different solution.

The tank sits up so high it loads up the motor, so what we did was, we ran an extra long fuel tubing and looped it inside the cowling. So it comes from the tank and loops around twice, in about a 3 inch diameter circle. Similar to what we do on R/C cars. We do it on cars so if the car flips upside down, it does not run out of fuel, there is fuel still in the line.

It takes a little time to get fuel to the motor the first starting, however it cured the problem of the motor loading up on the bottom.

Put a couple of small tie wraps to hold the fuel line together, but not too tight that it restricts the fuel flow.

Never had the loading up problem again on his with the 91FX and it does not have a problem pulling fuel.
was your engine mounted inverted and did you do the same thing with your presser line