Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Speed Passion VS Mamba Monster

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 10:56 PM
audiocreation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed Passion VS Mamba Monster

what system offers the most power and speed for 8th scale on road.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:07 PM
Troggie

Default RE: Speed Passion VS Mamba Monster

The Speedpassion is just a rebadged EZRun.. The ESCs seem to be great for the money.. not sure about the motors.
Old 03-07-2009, 06:00 PM
Never Enough

Default RE: Speed Passion VS Mamba Monster

Yep , the speed passion is a rebadged Hobbywing ESC . I have it and like the fact it can run in both sensored and sensorless mode so you can both style motors to there full potential. I also have a Mamba Monster is one of my RC dragsters and it works very smoothly and is smaller then the Hobbywing ESC. I have seen a Serpent 1/8 car converted to electric with a Mamba Monster system and it was incredibly fast. I have a 540 2.5 turn speed passion and in terms of pure hard reving it is also great. The torque of the Monster once moving may give it an edge , like at half throttle you can hit it hard and it will spin the tyres when running good batteries , but at low speed the sensored Speed passion will be better.