Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

What motor and gearing in a 10L?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 12:48 AM
Barber420
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What motor and gearing in a 10L?

I've accquired some pan cars over the winter, and now I'm getting ready to actually start working on them and get them going, now that the weather is breaking. One is a TRC-PRO10 and the other is a 10L graphite. Neither are oval cars. Also, I've got LOADS of different size foam tires I can play with. I also probably have enough spare parts to assemble 2-3 more cars if I had the chassis' to do so.

So, anyway, what size BL setup works good in them. I haven't downloaded manuals or anything yet so I'm not sure of what the gearing is. I'm just trying to get an idea of what turn/KV range motor I should be looking for. I'm guessing running somewhere from a 7000-10,000KV motor in them would probably be awesome. I want one to be a calmer, easier to drive, but still quick car. The other, well, I want that to be a screamer! I would like to be going somewhere in the 80-100mph ballpark with the speed demon. The other one I would be fine with 45-55mph. And yes, I am a very experienced driver so I can handle driving cars at high speeds.

As I'm not familiar with pan cars and I'm only beginning to get my feet wet with BL, I need some help from you guys out there that already have the experience with BL in these cars. Any other tips and tricks for these models is greatly appreciated too. You can never know too much.

Thanks guys.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:51 AM
shack10

Default RE: What motor and gearing in a 10L?

hey there. i went to see if associateds website (rc10.com) had a setup sheet for you but they dont list the 10L touring cars. i ve got the 10L3T and run 13.5 brushless with 96/34 on a smooth fast high traction track with good luck. its just gonna depend on what kind of motor ad track u plan to run. motor will depend on what classes are available at the track. as for the fast onejust put the fastest motor in it and gear it so it doesnt overheat the motor and esc. associateds webste does have setup sheets on the new 10R5 though. they could get u in the ball park. hope this helps
Old 03-20-2009, 12:42 PM
Barber420
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: What motor and gearing in a 10L?

Thanks. I'll check out the setup sheet for the 5. I'm probably not going to be running it on any tracks, because their aren't any around. I'm just looking to drive it in the street and in parking lots. I've found that the foams don't do nearly as well on asphalt as I'd hoped; so I'm going to try and get some soft rubber tires for it. Someone recommended some of the HPI tires for it. Approximately how fast does yours go with that motor and that gearing? I want one to be RIDICULOUSLY fast and one to be a good all around parking lot pounder.