Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JHH F-15c

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JHH F-15c

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2003, 11:19 PM
Jonboy-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JHH F-15c

Can anyone out there with some info. on JHH F-15 help me out? I am stripping and refinishing one right now and just wondering how this plane flies with like a P120. At first I thought it was a Avonds but after talking with the guys at JHH it sounds like it is their kit. Anyways the one I am working on is all scaled out with all options.(ailerons, flaps, lights, speed brake, rotating scale gear, gear doors, opening canopy, ect) From what I understand, the JHH and Avonds F-15 are basically the same plane and fly about the same. I would appreciate any info. anyone could give me. Thanks
Old 06-11-2003, 11:39 PM
SoppyJoe
My Feedback: (59)

Default JHH F-15c

It's known as the "Americanized" version of the Avonds
F-15...I know it flies well on fan power....with a P120 It would have to be sweet!!! Post som pics dude!

What a hobby...You gotta love it!
Joey.
Old 06-12-2003, 12:29 AM
JetflyerJ
Banned
My Feedback: (67)

Default JHH Excellent Flier

Hi Jonboy,

The JHH F-15 flies like a baby pretty much like any F-15 I'm currently flying one powered with a P-120. I strongly recommend you NOT to use their elevator mechanism as it's not strong enough even for ducted fan (that's just my personal opinion ), also make sure that your landing gear sections are reinforced as the JHH is a very fragile Jet unlike Avonds or AirMagic.

I've had every F-15 from pretty much every manufacturer and I can pretty much guarantee you that you'll never go wrong with any F-15. The only way you can tell if she's from JHH is by the center Hatch which is huge compared to all the others that are comparable to it. Make sure that your wing mounts are also reinforced ONLY if you're going Turbine but very very critical, Change the elevator mechanism as it is the weakest one I've seen.

With a P-120 or any turbine you'll have lots of fun and she will fly like a big baby, But you must take care of those extremely important items that are the only two critical things on that particular F-15.

What kind of gear are you currently using or planning to use on her? If you haven't gotten the gear go with the Robarts or Airmagics mixed with BVM T-33 wheels and brakes, if you have the super scale, gear take them off as you will hurt them on your first landing maybe on take off, I ended up calling AirMagic and bought their rotating gear cause mine is very very scale as well and put the T-33 wheels and brakes from BV and its fantastic.

I'll be glad to assist you with anything you need on this jet, feel free to ask away.

Best Regards..................... Johnny Hernandez
Old 06-12-2003, 05:23 AM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JHH F-15c

Another good source of info on this bird is Buck Garza (aka Yeahbaby). Super helpful guy. He did a conversion for Olympus power, and it was very nice to watch. I'm sure he'd be happy to help with advice on mods and such.
Old 06-13-2003, 11:34 PM
Jonboy-RCU

Default JHH F-15c

Thankyou for everyone who has responded. I really appreciate all the info. and suggestions. Jon
Old 06-14-2003, 08:59 PM
Alan07

Default JHH F-15c

Hi, do you suggest I use an AMT Pegasus Turbine engine (160N Thrust) on an F-15? I have been suggested to look for an Auto or Self Starting one.

Moreover, does anyone knows from where I can buy a full detailed cockpit and a pilot for it ?
Old 06-15-2003, 02:26 AM
JetflyerJ
Banned
My Feedback: (67)

Default JHH F-15c

Hi Alan,

You're pushing it by using a pegasus, that's waaaay too much turbine for that jet.
That jet flies perfect believe it or not with a P-80 and if you want vertical than I suggest you go with a RAM 1000 or JetCat P-120.
Remember that F-15's will only go so fast no matter which turbine you go with, but if you want to keep her in one piece I dont suggest you go nuts with such high thrust turbine as the
P-160 or Pegasus.

Just my $0.02 Good Luck ............... Johnny Hernandez
Old 06-15-2003, 08:13 AM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default JHH F-15c

I think you're thinking of the Olympus Johnny.

-Doug
Old 06-15-2003, 04:56 PM
yeahbaby
My Feedback: (21)

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Default brute power

the pegasus will work just fine. be smart about how you utilize your left thumb and strenghten the aircraft appropriately.

good luck

buck