Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Attention all micro heli pilots!

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Attention all micro heli pilots!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2003, 01:10 AM
EricMS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attention all micro heli pilots!

If you don't have a lithium polymer battery pack yet, what are you thinking?? I just received mine, and all I can say is WOW! It makes a HUGE diffence in the way a micro heli will handle because the the reduced weight and the magnificent power. I am a novice micro heli pilot, but after putting this 2 cell etech pack on, I can fly virtually flawlessly for long periods of time. By long, I mean about 5 minutes. But, if you can handle it, these packs will last you a minimum of a half hour in the air. I fly just a plain old stock Skylark, properly weight balanced, tuned pots, but no major mods. The vast improvement in control, maneuverability, and flight time makes that $100 investment every bit worth it. For Skylark owners, I got the 2 cell etech pack from lightflightrc with the cheaper Apache charger and they even provided me with a free digital multimeter and a free cigarette plug. That way you can charge with wall plug or car battery. I am just letting you all know what you are missing if you have a micro (or possibly any electric heli) and do not have a lithium pack. WOW, what a difference.
Old 06-13-2003, 02:05 AM
exspluu

You answered my question..Also how much lighter are the LP's compared to the Stock batts?
Old 06-13-2003, 03:36 AM
Gazoo

You can find a good review from the following link.

http://www.nwhobbies.com/html/koko_batteries.html
Old 06-13-2003, 09:04 AM
Dodgey99

I'm running a 3s 1200 Mah E-Tech pack on my brushless pro. It is now a skyrocket! and flies for well over 15-20 minutes with occasional landings
Old 06-13-2003, 06:51 PM
asquires

Default Tunning Skylark

I cant get my Skylark to take of and hover without using left and right sticks. I keep reading that you should be able to hover using only left stick.
What di I need to adjust to allow smooth hover without needing pitch or bank control.

Thanks
Anthony
Old 06-14-2003, 08:28 AM
Dodgey99

asquires, what you read was wrong! A perfectly trimmed micro heli will only "allow" you to take your thumb off the right stick for a few seconds at most. heli needs constant Cyclic (pitch and bank) input. Helis are unstable by nature, that's what makes them sych a challenge to master!

Do this....

Gently lift off (prefereably with training gear on, or make some)
Get control ov the hover as best you can. Gently release the cyclic (right stick) just for a fraction of a moment and note which direction the heli lunges. Land!

If it lunges forward, add a bit of backward elevator trim, if it goes left, add a bit of right airleron trim, and so forth. Keep doing this in SMALL steps until it does not have a tendency to shoot off in one particular direction for a second or two. After that time it will ALWAYS shoot off somewhere!

Once you have done this, flying will be 100% easier. It is a must.

Search for helicopter trimming for more info

good luck
Old 06-14-2003, 06:14 PM
asquires

thanks for quick response, i will give it a try