Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Motor won't turn

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 04:31 AM
Ender15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor won't turn

I am new to RC and I just bought a new XB10 buggy from Eddie. Well I wanted to upgrade to a brushless system, so I took out the motor to see how I would install new brushless motor (gonna get it from you Eddie so don't worry). I put the motor back in but now it won't turn when I press the trigger. The motor only turns when I adjust the throttle. Like I said I am new and I am not sure how to remedy this. Please help.
/Dan
Old 03-21-2009, 04:37 AM
Ender15

Default RE: Motor won't turn

This question is for Eddie or anyone else who might know the answer. How does the Himoto Brushless system compare to the Velineon VXL-3s system on the Bandit (I can get a 10,000mAh 2S Lipo 20C 7.4V at a good price too)? Second question, will that 10,000mAh battery work with either system?
Old 03-21-2009, 08:32 AM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Ender15

I am new to RC and I just bought a new XB10 buggy from Eddie. Well I wanted to upgrade to a brushless system, so I took out the motor to see how I would install new brushless motor (gonna get it from you Eddie so don't worry). I put the motor back in but now it won't turn when I press the trigger. The motor only turns when I adjust the throttle. Like I said I am new and I am not sure how to remedy this. Please help.
/Dan

Maybe you have a plug loose or the engine mesh too tight?

Old 03-21-2009, 08:34 AM
ehroof

This question is for Eddie or anyone else who might know the answer. How does the Himoto Brushless system compare to the Velineon VXL-3s system on the Bandit (I can get a 10,000mAh 2S Lipo 20C 7.4V at a good price too)? Second question, will that 10,000mAh battery work with either system?

The traxxas system is a good system, powerful. I like our system since its sensored, gives you better response, they are pretty equal when it comes to power and speed, our motor is a 9t. With that battery either will be killer fast. I guess it depends on How good of a deal you can get on them.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:42 PM
Ender15

I checked all the plugs, I will check the engine mesh. I hope this solves it.

BTW I can buy the battery from a friend for $50 when he bought the wrong battery for his rc truck (he is also new to rc). Now I need to find a charger that can handle it. I have no idea what to look for in a charger.
Old 03-21-2009, 03:05 PM
ehroof

We are going to have a nice charger available hopefully this week, will charge that battery and pretty much any other.

Let me know how you make out.
Old 03-21-2009, 03:34 PM
Ender15

I checked all the wiring/plugs adjusted the engine mesh and nothing worked.

The original setup on the receiver is: steering (channel 1) and throttle (channel 2). To test I switched the plugs in the receiver for the steering to channel 2 and the throttle to channel 1. So now on the transmitter the control wheel should power the throttle and the trigger powers the steering. Well, the control wheel ran the motor perfectly but the trigger did not turn the steering. I think it might be my receiver (channel 2 out) or simply the trigger on the receiver.

Your ideas please. Can I fix this? Do I send it in for repair?
Old 03-21-2009, 03:44 PM
Ender15

I checked all the wiring/plugs adjusted the engine mesh and nothing worked.

The original setup on the receiver is: steering (channel 1) and throttle (channel 2). To test I switched the plugs in the receiver for the steering to channel 2 and the throttle to channel 1. So now on the transmitter the control wheel should power the throttle and the trigger powers the steering. Well, the control wheel ran the motor perfectly but the trigger did not turn the steering. I think it might be my receiver (channel 2 out) or simply the trigger on the *transmitter.

Your ideas please. Can I fix this? Do I send it in for repair?

*Transmitter not receiver.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:23 PM
ehroof

If you swapped it and its still not working (the trigger) its probably the transmitter.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:54 PM
ehroof

It worked before you removed the motor right?
Old 03-21-2009, 04:58 PM
Swamp3r

Just a guess but you may have damaged the receiver pulling the wires off or ya dropped the radio lol. If you have another radio/receiver try that and then we'll know for sure borrow a buddys rc setup if you have to.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:54 PM
Ender15

ORIGINAL: Swamp3r

Just a guess but you may have damaged the receiver pulling the wires off or ya dropped the radio lol. If you have another radio/receiver try that and then we'll know for sure borrow a buddys rc setup if you have to.
Yes, my daughter dropped the radio. But there was no immediate damage and worked fine. It wasn't until I took out the motor that I noticed the trigger stopped working.

Just so you know. I was very careful pulling out the motor. I did not pull any wires. Just took out the motor to check the mesh and put it back.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:55 PM
Wildeman007

Im going to say its the trigger on the Transmitter thats the problem if the trim adjustment for the trigger makes the motor still be able turn. If Im understanding what you said right
Old 03-21-2009, 09:16 PM
ehroof

a good jolt can loosen a wire, could just be coincidence that the motor removal was done when it stopped working, maybe a wire just came loose.

The throttle trigger and trim are on 2 seperate wires and since he swapped the servos on the receiver and the throttle started to work with the steering, most likely something is loose on the trigger on the remote.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:24 PM
Redharris

The Transmitter is not THAT difficult to Open.....

I would open it up....Might be only a broken wire that can be resoldered.
Old 03-22-2009, 03:01 AM
Ender15

ORIGINAL: Redharris

The Transmitter is not THAT difficult to Open.....

I would open it up....Might be only a broken wire that can be resoldered.
Thanks for everyone's help. I think I will just test out my friend's transmitter and see if that solves the problem. If it does I will just buy a new transmitter. I opened my transmitter but I was afraid of breaking anything since it seemed tough to get into the soldered part for the trigger.

Oh and yes the motor does turn over with the trim, but not the trigger. So now I am looking at a new transmitter and since I want to go brushless, a new motor, esc, battery, and charger. Wow I think I am catching the rc bug too. Damn you Himoto Racing!!!
Old 03-22-2009, 03:04 AM
Ender15

I should have just bought the RXB-1. I think it might have been cheaper! Well now I know what to recommend to my other friends.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:59 PM
Ender15

I opened the transmitter again and was able to actually get in there and check everything out. It was a part broken on the trigger. Nothing was wrong with the wiring. Sucks having to buy a whole new transmitter just to get one small part. Luckily they are not that expensive but I have to wait for delivery.