Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Wanted/for Sale

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Wanted/for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 12:39 AM
rcpete347
My Feedback: (251)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wanted/for Sale

HI all, I feel, RCU should make a change in their classifieds. Do the same as RC Groups, mix the wanted and for sale in the same listings.
How many times have you seen guys put their Wanted in Jet Forum, because no one looks in the Wanted section.
I myself have wanted Banit tanks in the Wanted Listings and have less than 30 views in 2 weeks.
A typical add in the For sale listings will have near 1000 views in 2 weeks.
Rcpete
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22254.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	1166314  
Old 03-26-2009, 12:48 AM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 86 Likes on 76 Posts
Default RE: Wanted/for Sale

there is a wanted section???

maybe i oughta find it, and put my want for ???????????????????????????in it.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:59 AM
acw
My Feedback: (1)

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

I totally agree. I don't understand the reason why wanted ads are not mixed with for sale ads. They are currently simply invisible.

Arnaud
Old 03-26-2009, 06:17 AM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree!! No one looks at the wanted section! If you have an extra something setting around or something to sell, you're not going to look at the wanted section to get rid of it!
Old 03-26-2009, 07:37 AM
DelGatoGrande
My Feedback: (23)

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

i agree too

jet guys dont try to get rid of small staf and read wanted adds to get there money back..usualy we sell ARF

but they do care when someone needs somethink to help out and check our spears!!

yes i can give somethink i dont need ...but i wont spent extra time to find the one who need it.

usualy i care to buy staff only.

this is why wanted adds are rare from jet guys.

and becouse are few i dont think they would take alot of space as a new post here

sorry for my bad english

...my 2c

Old 03-26-2009, 04:12 PM
hooker53
My Feedback: (106)

Hey Monga, Let us other jet jocks know if you get an answer to your ADD!!! Ha.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:31 PM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

I need a set of mains with brakes for a boomerang xl that takes a 1/4 axle... Wont put it in the wanted section. No use!
Old 03-26-2009, 04:44 PM
sideshow
My Feedback: (11)

I've been a member here for 7 and half years, including 1 and a half as a moderator.....I had no idea there was a "Wanted" section. I don't even know how to find it.....
Old 03-26-2009, 04:53 PM
Hammbone
My Feedback: (309)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried to find the "wanted" ads a few days ago, but could not find them. How do I get to them?

Jim
Old 03-26-2009, 05:19 PM
Gordon Mc

ORIGINAL: Hammbone

I tried to find the "wanted" ads a few days ago, but could not find them. How do I get to them?

Jim
Pretty simple. At the top of the jet Forum page, there's a link for the "Jet Classified Ads". Click on that and you're in the marketplace for Jet stuff. There are 3 tabs - "Classifieds', "Will Trade", and "Wanted Ads". Click on 'Wanted Ads".

Personally, I'm OK with a wanted sub-forum being created - I just don't want to see all of the wanted ads appear in the main forum all the time. Not that long ago, I remember seeing someone post an ad in the main forum saying "I'd rather not spend full price for 8411's so does anyone have any NIB that they want to sell" ... if everyone posted threads like that for every single item they wanted to buy for each of their jets, we could end up unable to find any DISCUSSION threads in this discussion forum because of all of the "noise".

There has to be some solution that gets more exposure for wanted ads than the current system, without allowing the forum to get overwhelmed to the point where its not worth coming here anymore. Sub forums could well be the best solution so far.

Gordon
Old 03-26-2009, 05:19 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

How do you find the wanted/for sale section ? I spent 1 hour looking for it a couple of months ago adn finally gave it up.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:57 PM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: FalconWings

How do you find the wanted/for sale section ? I spent 1 hour looking for it a couple of months ago adn finally gave it up.
Hmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!……read the post above yours from Gordon.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:01 PM
invertmast

Received 235 Likes on 122 Posts

linky for everyone to the wanted section:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/cat...ype=1&pageon=1
Old 03-26-2009, 06:28 PM
Props4ever

I have to agree with Rcpete347 on this issue. In past i have posted in wanted ad section for certain things i need but even after week or two, it's count was like 50-60 only!. This has happened to me few times already and yes we should let "wanted Ads" in with "For sale ads", so guys wanting stuff can get more exposure to help aid them.

Last night i posted a thread here in regards of 1/8th F-18s wing and fin cores that i am looking to get, it was there till half day today and i was getting good number of replies to it with advices also, but just before i went out i edited it and added "Wanted" on the title, guess what it's gone now!!. Honestly if i was to post it in "Wanted classified section" i can bet the no one would have cared to look at it with my past experiences!. So guys my Yellow Aircraft's F-18 model is 74" long with 13-3/4" wing root to wing root width so if anyone can assist me with both wing cores and both fins cores, i will appreciated it.

Old 03-26-2009, 06:33 PM
jetsett
My Feedback: (6)

I've posted items wanted in the wanted section! AFTER listing them, I still had trouble "finding" them!!! I'm not stupid, and I think I'm an "advanced" user. Wanted listing ARE hard to find, AND are USELESS, Should be changed as per RCPETE
Old 03-26-2009, 06:47 PM
Gordon Mc

ORIGINAL: ghost_rider

Ben - his post timestamp and mine are basicaly identical, so it's almost certain he was already typing his post before mine was visible to him. [8D]
Old 03-26-2009, 06:56 PM
invertmast

Received 235 Likes on 122 Posts

ORIGINAL: Props4ever

I have to agree with Rcpete347 on this issue. In past i have posted in wanted ad section for certain things i need but even after week or two, it's count was like 50-60 only!. This has happened to me few times already and yes we should let "wanted Ads" in with "For sale ads", so guys wanting stuff can get more exposure to help aid them.

Last night i posted a thread here in regards of 1/8th F-18s wing and fin cores that i am looking to get, it was there till half day today and i was getting good number of replies to it with advices also, but just before i went out i edited it and added "Wanted" on the title, guess what it's gone now!!. Honestly if i was to post it in "Wanted classified section" i can bet the no one would have cared to look at it with my past experiences!. So guys my Yellow Aircraft's F-18 model is 74" long with 13-3/4" wing root to wing root width so if anyone can assist me with both wing cores and both fins cores, i will appreciated it.

Shoot a PM to YellowAircraft on here. Shuan will be able to help ya out with those.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:04 PM
rcpete347
My Feedback: (251)

Gorden, gorden, we are not asking to put Want Adds in the Forum, or Sub forum.
Like the Post says, we would like Wanted,mixed with For Sale.
Rcpete
PS, for those, who do not want to have Want adds mixed, simply filter it out.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:17 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: Gordon Mc

Ben - his post timestamp and mine are basicaly identical, so it's almost certain he was already typing his post before mine was visible to him. [8D]
Jesus Ben!

Thanks for clarifying Gordon [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 03-26-2009, 09:36 PM
ghost_rider

Last night i posted a thread here in regards of 1/8th F-18s wing and fin cores that i am looking to get, it was there till half day today and i was getting good number of replies to it with advices also, but just before i went out i edited it and added "Wanted" on the title, guess what it's gone now!!.

So you knew it was not allowed but purposely modified your post just to see what happens?

It is a simple case, post the wanted ad where it belongs (please note I fought tooth and nail during my tenor as a moderator to change this) or solicit Nathan through PM to have it changed. Marc changed this rule a while back ago to allow users to post items in the wanted ad area for a week and if and only if they did not get any reply, then they can post it here in the discussion forum. That changed was published here but it was later amended by Nathan to its previous status.

Nathan is a level headed guy and if you guys would ask him diplomatically through PM, you might get you wishes. It is said that with proper arrangements, the devil can see God. JMOHO and take it FWIW.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:45 PM
Props4ever

Last night i posted a thread here in regards of 1/8th F-18s wing and fin cores that i am looking to get, it was there till half day today and i was getting good number of replies to it with advices also, but just before i went out i edited it and added "Wanted" on the title, guess what it's gone now!!.

So you knew it was not allowed but purposely modified your post just to see what happens?

It is a simple case, post the wanted ad where it belongs (please note I fought tooth and nail during my tenor as a moderator to change this) or solicit Nathan through PM to have it changed. Marc changed this rule a while back ago to allow users to post items in the wanted ad area for a week and if and only if they did not get any reply, then they can post it here in the discussion forum. That changed was published here but it was later amended by Nathan to its previous status.

Nathan is a level headed guy and if you guys would ask him diplomatically through PM, you might get you wishes. It is said that with proper arrangements, the devil can see God. JMOHO and take it FWIW.

Ben,

Whats your problem man?, why can't you be normal as other members are here, now you brought your filth in Rcpete's thread also to get this one locked up too!!. You are not a moderator anymore so why are you acting as one!, if any of the mods would have problem/s with me or my threads they would come to me and address there reasons as it happened with my other thread that was deleted!. NO i didn't purposely edited same thread as from last night, the one you had your crap on it is still there and now locked , thanks to you solely!. Btw it was posted earlier TODAY!!.... http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8620159/tm.htm

Just be normal man and let us post what we want to post, if there will be a problem real mods will address that member by themselves and this BS wrestling match will not happen due to your ways of thinking upon others on here, go "ghoassssst" fly away, sh sho sho, , , , , , , , , let all say what and how they want, go drink cream soda and chill out before this thread also gets locked due to you childish behavior, , , ,.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:30 PM
McclureMitch
My Feedback: (3)

I agree with rcpete.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:46 PM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I want $20 dollar bills for $10 dollars and a better wanted section.
Scott
Old 03-27-2009, 11:52 PM
ghost_rider

Ben,

Whats your problem man?, why can't you be normal as other members are here, now you brought your filth in Rcpete's thread also to get this one locked up too!!. You are not a moderator anymore so why are you acting as one!, if any of the mods would have problem/s with me or my threads they would come to me and address there reasons as it happened with my other thread that was deleted!. NO i didn't purposely edited same thread as from last night, the one you had your crap on it is still there and now locked , thanks to you solely!. Btw it was posted earlier TODAY!!.... http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8620159/tm.htm

Just be normal man and let us post what we want to post, if there will be a problem real mods will address that member by themselves and this BS wrestling match will not happen due to your ways of thinking upon others on here, go "ghoassssst" fly away, sh sho sho, , , , , , , , , let all say what and how they want, go drink cream soda and chill out before this thread also gets locked due to you childish behavior, , , ,.

Sammy (aka Props4ever)

LOL..... somebody already know in the RC world as a scam artist is now chastising the "Ghost". Carry on with your childish pranks and it will catch up with you sooner or later but much…much sooner than later.

If and whenever you finish any of your projects and actually ever get a jet built and try to fly it, then we can talk. Until then you are a nonentity. You have been banned from most of the forums outside of this one and has been called a scammer more times than your actual name.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:26 AM
Props4ever

Ben,

Sammy (aka Props4ever)

LOL..... somebody already know in the RC world as a scam artist is now chastising the "Ghost". Carry on with your childish pranks and it will catch up with you sooner or later but much…much sooner than later.

If and whenever you finish any of your projects and actually ever get a jet built and try to fly it, then we can talk. Until then you are a nonentity. You have been banned from most of the forums outside of this one and has been called a scammer more times than your actual name.
HA HA HA, Lol now that you couldn't stop from your un-needed policing on this jet forum as many others have asked you to stop including myself, now you think you can call anyone anything you feel like eh!, i thought you were a moderator sometime back but it seems all that has slipped through your mind!. So guys who is being childish here now, it's obviously not me but you are since morning!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.