Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Which servos?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Which servos?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2003, 06:08 PM
Dennismate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which servos?

Will be starting construction of my Facet 1200 soon and I was just wondering what servos you guys would recommend. This is my first turbine powered model and I want to get it right. I generally use JR gear, and, servo-wise, have nothing more exotic than the humble 517.

I'm looking for the best combination of power/speed/precision and cost. Also, would you go with 6v or 4.8v, have only ever used 4.8v so far.

Stuart
Old 06-14-2003, 06:42 PM
FireBee
My Feedback: (34)

Default Servo's

Talk to George (VA Beach) as he has a faucet and is distributor in our club.
Old 06-14-2003, 06:57 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Default Re: Servo's

Originally posted by FireBee
Talk to George (VA Beach) as he has a faucet
Is that the new floatplane version of the Facet, that I've been hearing rumours about ?

Gordon
Old 06-14-2003, 07:11 PM
jlchapman
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which servos?

Stuart,

Vampire, the designer of the Facet will tell you which ones. Give him a PM, very nice guy and very helpful.

I'm also building a Facet 1200 with a Wren 54. Your plans call out 70 oz servos on a couple of control surfaces. I'm thinking of using the servos I have on hand, some Fut-9202s and a couple of Hitec 5625s. I'm also going to ask Vampire what he thinks.

Later,

Jerry
Old 06-15-2003, 12:34 PM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: Re: Servo's

Originally posted by Gordon Mc
Is that the new floatplane version of the Facet, that I've been hearing rumours about ?

Gordon
Oh Gordo', don't believe all the rumors, just some . With a good breeze and little too much flap and not quite enough power on final coming straight at me, I couldn't see it got too slow until too late, that's all.
The Facet is back together and will be flying today.

A "FACET FLOAT"? There's an idea :idea:

Stuart, as far as servos, the choice really is up to you. I have all digitals in mine just because that is what I had. The first one that got stolen didn't have anything fancy except a high torque digital on the elevator. But I can tell you, I could "feel" the difference in the way the two flew, being the second one with better servos made a HUGE difference. The diference not being in it's ability to fly or inadequate controls, just crispness and response. Hope this helps.

George
Old 06-16-2003, 12:24 AM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Default Re: Re: Re: Servo's

Originally posted by George
Oh Gordo', don't believe all the rumors, just some . With a good breeze and little too much flap and not quite enough power on final coming straight at me, I couldn't see it got too slow until too late, that's all.
The Facet is back together and will be flying today.
Oops - sorry George - didn't know you had had any problems with it - I was just having fun with the mispelling of Facet as Faucet ...

Gordon