Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

PAU sale!! Killer prices!!

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

PAU sale!! Killer prices!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 10:37 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default PAU sale!! Killer prices!!

Hey guys!

PAU (Performance Aircraft Unlimited) has a HUGE sale on electrics right now!!

They have their mini Yaks and fun Yaks as well as their hydrofoamy (electric hydro/plane) on sale at BLOWOUT prices!!

PLUS, with every order, you are given one or two chances to win one of their AWESOME large-scale arfs! They are giving away one each of their following: 36% Edge 540, 30% Edge 540, 30% Sukhoi SU-26, and a 37% Ultimate bipe!!!

Follow the link to check it out!!

[link]http://www.performancercaircraft.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=34&osCsid=4c8d4087b5a 77ca992e3fcf438d2c553[/link]

Their mini Yak is very nice @ $49.99 and the fun Yak (profile) @ $49.99 for TWO is insane!! Both of these planes are built-up and covered - VERY NICE!!

And don't forget the hydrofoamies! Buy a five-pack and share em with your flying buddies! These are a blast when you get a few of em flying together!!!

Regards,

Astrohog
Old 04-01-2009, 10:45 PM
nitro wing
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PAU sale!! Killer prices!!

Even though their Hydros are dirt cheap,they fly awesome!!!! too fun
Old 04-01-2009, 11:44 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the plug, Astrohog! I posted up an announcement in the Mfg announcement forum as well. Don't forget - The Cap Maniac is on sale too and ordering one gets you two tickets to win one of the prizes! There is a full review of the Cap Maniac here on RCU as well.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:17 PM
BobbyGee
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: astrohog

Hey guys!

PAU (Performance Aircraft Unlimited) has a HUGE sale on electrics right now!!

They have their mini Yaks and fun Yaks as well as their hydrofoamy (electric hydro/plane) on sale at BLOWOUT prices!!

PLUS, with every order, you are given one or two chances to win one of their AWESOME large-scale arfs! They are giving away one each of their following: 36% Edge 540, 30% Edge 540, 30% Sukhoi SU-26, and a 37% Ultimate bipe!!!

Follow the link to check it out!!

[link]http://www.performancercaircraft.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=34&osCsid=4c8d4087b5a 77ca992e3fcf438d2c553[/link]

Nice - but each product page has lots of info about the contest and zero information about the plane. [:-]

What size motor, ESC, prop are recommended for each?

They look nice, but the promotion seems geared to folks who are already familiar with the products. How about a little something for newcomers?

BobbyG
Old 04-02-2009, 02:25 PM
Flyfalcons

BobbyGee, there are some basic specifications on these planes on this page:

http://www.flypau.com/html/aeromaster.html

I have a MiniYak with a Park 480 motor with 40-amp ESC, 12x6 prop, and Futaba 3114 servos. I think that's an excellent combo, and a Hacker A30 would also make a very nice power setup for this plane. The Mini Yak flies like a larger plane and is capable of 3D flight.

Here is a video of a Mini Yak getting put through its paces:
http://www.flypau.com/video/miniyak.wmv

The Fun Yak profile is a bit smaller and lighter. I will be setting up one with Electrifly ES-50 nano servos and a motor From HobbyCity that should put out around 150 watts. I'll be reporting back on that combo, but I think it's going to be just right. The Fun Yak behaves more like a foamy than the Mini Yak, according to Ken from PAU.

The Hydros also take a motor similar to a Hacker A20-20L, so around 150-160 watts should give excellent performance. Hope this helps!
Old 04-04-2009, 08:19 PM
IFlySlowPlanes

Has anyone posted a review anywhere of the Fun Yak? I just took advantage of the special, and can't wait to get my TWO planes! I'm hoping these are better than the old Utra RC profile Yaks, which had warpage issues and were (I felt) a little underbuilt. I'm HOPING this plane is roughly equivalent to my dearly loved E-Flite Edge 540BP, from which I'll be salvaging the electronics more than likely. I had also gotten an outrunner from BP Hobbies (a 2217/9) which should put out about 180W with the right prop. Might be overkill for this plane, but then again....who ever heard of too much power?

Anyone have anything to say about this plane then?
Old 04-06-2009, 12:13 AM
HitecMan
My Feedback: (43)

I bought one of each except the hydro and I dont even fly electrics yet!!! But who could pass up prices like that! and I hope the cap maniac is a good plane! I read the review and it seems to be a fine plane!
Old 04-06-2009, 12:27 AM
Flyfalcons

I'll be sure to report on my setup and flight characteristics when I get all of my gear. I did get a chance to fly the Mini Yak a few times this weekend and had a blast with it!