Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Need some final testing help on our wyswiyg editors from the jet members

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Need some final testing help on our wyswiyg editors from the jet members

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 09:45 AM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need some final testing help on our wyswiyg editors from the jet members

Since our jet membership is always our cutting edge here I want to have those of you who have a moment bang on our new wysiwyg (what you see is what you get) editor for the forums. Please try as many if not all functions you can think of. Try to break it. Try every combination of posting, replying, quoting, full reply, full new threads, adding tags, etc to break it. When done please post any bugs or issues here for me and we will fix them before launch. I have tested this and think I caught everything but no matter what it seems some stuff is missed or some browser/OS combo won't play nice.

Here are the guidelines

1) PLEASE only post in the TEST POSTING FORUM on our dev server for this. Some people subscribe to the other forums and might get an email that a reply was made in their forum or thread otherwise and this will confuse them to no end. We dont' want conversations on our dev forum in that parallel rcu world!

2) You can make new threads in there or reply to existing threads.

2a) PHOTO UPLOADS DO NOT WORK ON DEV SITE. Do not try it as they will fail and this is not a bug. They work on live site only. Inserting picture via wyswigy editor however should work fine. Please test that.

3) If you find bugs please give me as much detail to explain the bug as you can PLUS the Operating system, version as well as browser and version you are using

That's it. Oh yeah..one more thing...in the SETTINGS page on dev you will see a choice to set your default editor to the one we have today OR the new wyswigy one. wysiwyg should be default. if not let me know but you can change to wysiwgy here if it is not showing (and test that the setting works as you would expect it)

I'M GOING TO HACK THE URL BELOW SO SEARCH ENGINES DON'T FOLLOW IT SO PLEASE ADJUST IT TO GET TO THE DEV PLATFORM!

REPLACE ****** below with "rcudev"
http:****.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_72/tt.htm
Old 05-08-2009, 10:03 AM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Need some final testing help on our wyswiyg editors from the jet members

Uploading a picture did not work for me.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:15 AM
mvigod
Banned

Default RE: Need some final testing help on our wyswiyg editors from the jet members

ORIGINAL: seanreit

Uploading a picture did not work for me.

Ooops..sorry forgot to mention that photo uploads do not work on dev website. that actually is not a bug but a function of our server environment and security. disregard uploads and I'll note in first post
Old 05-08-2009, 11:51 AM
georbeckha
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
I thought I'd try something on the WYSIWYG editor that personally I know I'd use more than the YouYube option but it seems now to work or not to work like I thought it would/should.
Using the 'Source' option I typed in the following code in order to imbed a video that I have on my web site...

<embed src="http://www.georbeckha.com/ShockStartup.AVI" Pluginspage="http://www.apple.com/quicktime/" width="320" height="240" CONTROLLER="true" LOOP="false" AUTOPLAY="false" name="ShockJet Video"></embed>

Now while this appeared to work in the preview page, once submitted all it seems to do is display the line of code above in place of the video.

Is this just not doable if you're not using youtube or am I doing something wrong or something more?

Thanks
Old 05-08-2009, 11:59 AM
mvigod
Banned

georbeckha - just answered this on the dev forum after your reply there.

marc
Old 05-08-2009, 12:32 PM
SinCityJets

Marc,

I don't know what changes have been made, but the full editor has never worked for me in the past with Safari. I apologize if this has been fixed with a recent update, but as of a week ago, all I could do was type. No font or bold adjustments.

Oh, and Mac's rule!! (unless you want to use the editor to place an ad on RCU )

Chad
Old 05-08-2009, 12:36 PM
georbeckha
My Feedback: (12)

I use Safari 4 Beta and had no issues with changing the bold and colors and font changes and the like.

Oh, and I agree... Mav's RULE! Hahaha
Old 05-08-2009, 01:25 PM
SinCityJets

ORIGINAL: georbeckha

I use Safari 4 Beta and had no issues with changing the bold and colors and font changes and the like.

Oh, and I agree... Mav's RULE! Hahaha
Hmmm, the menu doesn't even show up for me [:@]
Old 05-08-2009, 01:43 PM
mvigod
Banned

I have safari on the pc here and also have a mac for testing with safari. will try these out and report back...stay tuned.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:28 PM
mvigod
Banned

Safari does load but see if it does for you..you may have to wait for 60 seconds give or take. This is a bug as the core editor takes < 2 seconds to load so we must be missing a file that it is hanging for on our system or something with our config. Since I have duplicated it we should have no problem fixing this. good find!

marc
Old 05-08-2009, 03:01 PM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Full editor loads for me (Safari). At first font and size weren't working, but after a second try it seems to be fine.

"Fast Reply" works too.