Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Savage Flux vs Baja 5T & B = tie

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 01:19 PM
Freezetron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage Flux vs Baja 5T & B = tie

Well today was the big day at "Mini Death Valley" I met up with a few of my LHS guys earlier this morning and they were fueling up their Baja's when I arrived and my Flux was charged and ready to go. It was time to see the battle of Flux vs Baja at long last....

Running on only 4S 6000mAh 28C SMC's batteries, I was easily able to keep speed with the Baja's that were going full throttle in the straight sections. My friend has clocked his 5T under rader at around 45mph, so I know my Flux was easily able to do that speed with just 4S and stock gearing.

Due to the nature of the baja's larger and longer wheelbase however, they had the advantage of stability where I had to fight to keep my power to the ground. After a few laps, I managed to get the balance down between speed and control and the Baja guys were amazed at how quickly my Flux was able to catch up to them in the event I flipped over or spun out. As far as jumps, I kid you not when at full throttle I hit a large dirt hill and easily went over 12 feet up in the air and damn near 20 feet distance before my Flux came back from orbit, shrugged it off and was ready for more.

Sad to say, there was no extra person to film or photograph this event, so you'll just have to have faith in my words when I say, the Flux EASILY keeps on bar with Baja's on only 4S power. Once I upgrade to a 6S LIpos, Big Joe 40 series tires and Spektrum DX 2.0 radio, its gonna be a REAL interesting race next time we meet and NEXT time, it WILL be recorded for all to see
Old 05-17-2009, 01:53 PM
fighttheban

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Savage Flux vs Baja 5T & B = tie

sounds good bet you're glad you chose the flux over the baja but the 5t is still my choice if i had the money.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:48 PM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Savage Flux vs Baja 5T & B = tie

There's a guy by me with a 5B that I sometimes run into at the park.........................I'm amazed by how big his buggy is and he's amazed at how fast my Savage is. In a rolling drag race in the grass, the 5B cannot catch me...even when I'm feathering the throttle like crazy. lol