Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Wobbly Tires?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 03:56 PM
barrydidntknow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wobbly Tires?

My stock XL tires have really started to wobble alot, at low speed and even when I just roll the truck, especially the front. Thinking it could be the foam as with the power of my clocked picco they dont usually stay on the ground much and end up spinning in the air alot. I am going to put on my new proline road rage tires tires to emsure it is the tires as it is making it almost impossible to set the steering trim amd is making the whole truck wobble when driving. Any ideas as to what else it could be if its not the tires? I know they are on tight and nothing in the front end has too much play. When I look at it rolling it looks alot like the rims are warped.</p>
Old 05-19-2009, 07:38 PM
BudBud

Default RE: Wobbly Tires?

I have found that the high speed runs on Terra Pins are hard on foams, I have some that just let the tires roll over on the wheels. The price we pay for all that fun. How is that modded Picco treating you? Glen
Old 05-19-2009, 07:45 PM
barrydidntknow

ORIGINAL: BudBud

I have found that the high speed runs on Terra Pins are hard on foams, I have some that just let the tires roll over on the wheels. The price we pay for all that fun. How is that modded Picco treating you? Glen

Yup found out its the tires. Put on my 40 series proline road rages on axial oversized rims and there is no wobble. Might switch front and rear tires to see if they even out with the more concistent traction on the rear end. Will probably just mess up the foams in both but hey, its worth a shot. Just finished gluing the prolines so at least I hae thoese to use until I either re-foam the stock terra pins or by something new. Any suggs on new bashing tires? or should i just re foam the originals. Probably will anyway cause the tires are in good shape.

The picco is getting stronger tank by tank Glenn, still not really pushing her. Waiting till I kill 1.5 gallons, then it is on.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:33 AM
fighttheban

hey im planning on getting some XL wheels/tyres with 17mm hubs because my stock savage 25 hubs have sort of stripped the wheel. so are the XL tyres rubbish then?
Old 05-20-2009, 12:51 PM
barrydidntknow

ORIGINAL: fighttheban

hey im planning on getting some XL wheels/tyres with 17mm hubs because my stock savage 25 hubs have sort of stripped the wheel. so are the XL tyres rubbish then?

Actually the terra pins are a good all around tire. I never had an issue until I put in the modded picco, and it is just 1 tire.Jist think the foam is all out of whack inside it.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:13 PM
fighttheban

ah okay sounds good then