Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Novus CP issues...

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Novus CP issues...

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 06:54 PM
Agarabaghi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Novus CP issues...

well im having trouble with my tail rotor and motor....

for some reason the gears dont seem to mess right and when i try to take off it starts to spin in a crazy pirouette....

could the settings on my controller be messed up?is there a way to reset them to factory?

I dont think that is it, but it seems that either the motor and tail gears dont mesh up or something is wrong with the controls....

any ideas guys?

Also, the guy at the LHSsaid the rear rotor shaft and gears coems lose ,so he put a little ca on it to hold em there, and suggested i would do that it should help the issue, but it did not ....
Old 05-28-2009, 05:00 PM
rbev1906

Default RE: Novus CP issues...

Did you ever resolve this issue with the cp? Im also having problems with the tail as well as the heli vibrating wildly while trying to spool up.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:34 PM
Shadow99

There should be a MIX pot on the RX, turning it to the + side increases the tail motor RPM's. The Novus CP is an almost exact copy of the Walkera 4g3. See the pic 4g3 RX below.

Shadow
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46847.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	1208319  
Old 06-04-2009, 05:47 PM
swedegustav

Walkera basically changed the name of the old 4g3 and sold it to Helimax as the Novus CP. Despite the higher price tag, the Novus CP is using parts/technology from Jan-Feb 2009 and most of the upgrades (metal parts and the brushless motors) are all left outas separate options. I suspect that the only testing on the Novus CP is at the Walkera Factory in China. Most Walkera Dealers in the US have to retest the 4G3 and make adjustments when Walkera shipments arrive (I don't think Helimax / Hobby Co is going to do the extra testing for you). If you arehaving tail and vibration problems you can try adjusting the Rx mention in previous posts, check the gear mesh and make sure the main rotor shaft andit's surrounding parts are not damaged. You can do this by holding the heli in your hand and crank up the throttle. Look at the main rotor from the top to see if the circle between the blades is round or oval or blurred. If it's oval or blurred than you have issolated your problem at the main rotor.
3D aerobatics, powerful accelleration, steep banking turns, tight circles are some ofreasons for getting a CP heli in the first place. For serious CP and 4g3 pilot s (that we aspire to be, lol), the Novus CP is at best a marginalaerobat. You need the extra torqueon a lighter heliwhich can only be achieved through simutaneous BLupgrades for both the main and the tail motors.Because there are so many critical and expensive upgrades missing on the Novus CP, it'smore cost effective to start with a newupgraded 4g3 and use the Novus CP for spare parts since the parts are interchangable. Any ways, that isjust IMO.Here are some reliable domestic sourcesthat I've used over the years for Walkera and Novus related helis and parts. rotorfever.com, wowhobbies.com, heliclub.com, toysonics.com, helidirect.com.I make most bigger purchases online (usually about 30% lower than LHS) and smallerpurchases atmy LHS(a quick fix for my addiction, lol ).</p>
Old 06-09-2009, 02:55 AM
campsolar

Oh man, it wasn't easy to find a good Heli-max Novus CP or Walkera 4G3 forum. I think some of the forums are bought off byHelimax promoters.For instance Runryder.comlooks like it's highly influenced/operated/bought-offby it'sadvertisers and sponsors.There is just this odd ball number of people with Helimaxhelis all religiously praising the Axe and the NovusCX and the Novus CPwhileall the other forums are trashing them.What's that all about? I think more than half of the postings are from Helimax promoters/employees. lol... By the way, I returned my Helimax Novus CP after reading a boat load of bad independent reviews about it and got a Walkera 4G3 instead .
Old 06-12-2009, 02:12 PM
animalnut

can those adj. pots be over spun or do they just rotate back to high end if you go past the low point or does it just go back around to the high point because I had no tail rotor out the box and went to adj. and got it right but never felt a stop point on the pot (bottomed out low/bottomed out high) does anyone know if the pots are just free spinning or is something wrong?
Old 07-08-2009, 11:18 PM
renansitow

Hello, i bought Novus CP, but i dont know what happened but the main motor doesn't spin. Just the rear motor. Before it happens, was spinning not so hard, and i touched in the motor and it was veeeery hot.
HELP MEE!
Thank you
Old 07-11-2009, 06:35 PM
dude7422

CAMPSO most of the other forums are spam engines IMO
rcu is not like most because of the mods and the real people
that are here because they love rc as a hobby not as a money maker
Old 07-14-2009, 01:18 AM
vonjay

I have a cx,cp,fp and a e-flight mcx.
   The mcx is a good machine!  The above novus line of hellies are junk!
my hobbie shop, which i have spent tons of money!! has bs me about the parts that i need to get these machines flying.
  i have had the cx for 5 daysw and one of the motors has fryed! The cp is very hard to control. and i keep beeting up main blades. The fp has been a pain, the tail boom loosened up so i installed a longer screew, which shorted out the tail motor wiring harness. 
  This is turning into a hobbie that is no fun any more.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:32 PM
ea01bg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Novus CP and have been having a ball with it, maybe I got lucky. Before you mess with the pot adjustments check the gear mess on the tail. the only thing holding the tail rotor shaft on the back side is a rubber retainer. On mine every once and a while I have to push the retainer to the right , in affect tightening the gear mess.
As far as some of the other sites go some simply dont deal with this small stuff as a heli, its a toy and as far as toys go its not bad. You really have to take the thing for what it is. I mean if you want a real small heli look at a trex 250 or something like that ( clones or guai 200) IMHO
Old 07-14-2009, 01:42 PM
ea01bg

vonjay,
The CP is a real hairball to fly its a real handful. Even a guy with over ten years of heli experiance couldnt fly mine inside without hitting something. Outside with a bit more room it tends to be a bit better. I wouldnt expect that the FP is any easier.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:30 AM
Shadow99

Heli's THIS SMALL tend to fly like a "hummingbird on EXPRESSO!"

I've have several sized heli's from 200 to 500 sized, and this little booger is the toughest to handle! Headspeed is your BEST friend with these nano-sized helis! Also adding slighly heavier blades helps the stability as well without adding flybar weights to slow the cyclic. I made main blades from cut down Gaui EP200 plastic blades, the heavier blade helps out with a more-stable hover, without dulling the cyclic down to a boring non-reactive setting.

Shadow

Name:	Ge96781.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	1236726  
Old 07-15-2009, 12:58 PM
ea01bg

how far did you cut them down? Didi you just use the stock blade lenght?
Old 07-15-2009, 02:50 PM
Shadow99

Pretty much, I took a 200mm blade (both wood & plastic) and trimmed them down to the 140mm required for the 4g3. Balanced them both for blade CG & overall weight. Anything longer than 145mm and you'll have blade strikes with the tail.
The woodies I tried first, they work OK, there light-weight makes them handle like the stock foamies, slow reacting cyclic. The plastic blades with there slightly heavier mass, makes hovering a bit easier, & cyclic performance is a close second to the CF set I have.

Shadow
Old 12-31-2009, 05:29 PM
runningdog97

I had just bought a novus cp helicopter and flew it right out of the box and i thougt it flew ok but i think might need some ajustmnts other than what the factory settings were i just wanted to know if anybody had set up the heli with there own ajustments and what they were or give me some other inputs to try to have a great flying novus cp heli. Thanks
Old 01-11-2010, 01:32 PM
Tall Paul

ORIGINAL: ea01bg

vonjay,
The CP is a real hairball to fly its a real handful. Even a guy with over ten years of heli experiance couldnt fly mine inside without hitting something. Outside with a bit more room it tends to be a bit better. I wouldnt expect that the FP is any easier.
The Novus FP is a real handful, indoors or out. Mine requires constant surveillance of the paddle alignment and the tail rotor mesh, usually after every flight. I've put a small dab of RTV on the tail rotor axle to help the gear stay meshed with the drive motor.
The tiny links from the blades to the paddles can disconnect, and lead to it darting off sideways when powered up.
The Blade mSR is a far superior a flier!

Name:	Bz79466.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	1354225   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aw70605.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	1354226   Click image for larger version

Name:	Io28834.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	1354227  
Old 01-26-2010, 10:09 PM
hawk3011
My Feedback: (2)

on my cp the tail gear attached to the motor shifted after a crash so it was piro crazy.slide it bk with a sm screw driver
Old 04-28-2010, 10:23 AM
capjlp
My Feedback: (37)

I just got one second hand off RCU ad and it is squirmy no doubt. I did however read the manual about setting the radio for travel pitch curve throttle curve and expo I did some setup with it last night and got it flying ok. I noticed thou that the swash isn't level and I can't trim it out so I think thats part of my squirrely behavior. I am going to level the swash and set the expo up some more. The factory setting for expo is 0 or none so no friken wonder its really touchy. I think with some more work its going to be fine. My CP is upgraded with metal head and brush-less on main and tail the stock battery's are crap. I guess for the brush-less setup they are just being over drawn. I am using the 600 mah's for the walkeria also using the walkeria blades I think the upgraded head may also be the walkeria head but not for sure. More tweakin and we will see.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:57 PM
midntpumkin

ORIGINAL: vonjay

I have a cx,cp,fp and a e-flight mcx.
The mcx is a good machine! The above novus line of hellies are junk!
my hobbie shop, which i have spent tons of money!! has bs me about the parts that i need to get these machines flying.
i have had the cx for 5 daysw and one of the motors has fryed! The cp is very hard to control. and i keep beeting up main blades. The fp has been a pain, the tail boom loosened up so i installed a longer screew, which shorted out the tail motor wiring harness.
This is turning into a hobbie that is no fun any more.
i agree 110% with this statement , and the 3/1 reciever burned up on both after 10 flights each , 250.00 out and none of the companies warranteed them and had them only 3 days. your better off getting a cheap 3 channel and have fun then put the rest into a 450 cp heli in my opinion , dont even bother with that crap
Old 06-29-2010, 08:46 PM
Madmarl

I've had mine since March. I had problems at first with it flying wildly left when it got light on the skids. Trial and error showed me that I was rushing the Gyro. It needs a good 20 count AFTER the heli twitchs before it will hold a good heading.
The tail rotor shaft would work out of the gear, causing it to piro. I had to keep pushing it and the tail rotor in to mesh the gears. After those trials, I've been having a ball with mine. It's really boosted my confidence when it comes to flying my nitro heli!!

My 2 cents....
Old 07-01-2010, 01:38 PM
earlwb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On my CP it started doing that a couple of times. the first time I thought the tailmotor had died. But one of the other guys noticed the gears weren't meshing. So we readjusted the gears and I flew it for a long time afterwards. I eventually had to replace the tail motor and then I flew it some more. now the replacement motor did seem to have moved out on me once, I pushed it back in and it seemed to stay. so I don't know if I didn't get the motor pushed into the holder good or not the first time though.

Anyway sometimes if the tail motor gets a little too hot, the gear on the motor shaft can move. wait for the motor to cool off and then you have to pry it back or push it back into place some.
Now then I also had the gear on the rotor shaft slip too. I then noticed that the gear has to be more on the end of the tail shaft. You also have to push the rail rotor onto the shaft deeper so there is very little back and forth play. Usually the gears stay put pretty well, but sometimes crashes, having to replace a motor or tail rotor blades can cause things to shift. I had this problem occur after I broke a blade off the tail rotor and when i replaced it the gear had moved in on the shaft, but I didn't think it was a problem, until later. i think they formed a crimp on the end of the shaft causing it to bulge out slightly on the end. so the gear needs to be up against that crimp on the end of the shaft (opposite the tail rotor tip.)
Old 07-01-2010, 08:58 PM
Madmarl

Yeah, I've had similar problems, but usually it's my flying into something that causes it!!!
Still pretty tough for a heli.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:11 AM
HoverDown3K
My Feedback: (2)

The Novus CP is small, and it is twitchy if you are coming from a Coax, or mSR or Toy Coax, but if you have been flying little FP choppers like a hummingbird or honey bee or CP's like that blade, this Novus CP flys just fine.

Once you get it dialed in, it is a blast to fly and will fly very well outside in slight wind, much better then a mSR. Parts are cheap and there are alot of options for upgrades too.

All in all if you can fly you will enjoy the Novus CP..
Old 10-17-2010, 10:06 AM
coyote5122
My Feedback: (25)

Just a quick question here i just got the novus cp and the stock landing gear seems a bit weak will the 125 cp skid battery cage fit as direct replacement ? I added the cnc head assembly and have had a bit of issue getting it trimmed out , the tail rotor mesh seems fine it spins freely and the motor is secure in its position . I also noticed a severe shimmy or wobble during spool up before take off the main shaft appears to be straight . would a tail boom support such as the cp 125 help correct this ? I stepped up to this copter after flying my blade msr for a few weeks able to do figure 8's with confidence and piros on command with it . but the cp seems real twitchy after i have adjusted the pots on the 4 in 1 and i think i have the expos and mix set properly . any help here would be appreciated . Thanks
Old 10-21-2010, 06:58 PM
NickMcEnjoy

Well it looks like I should stay away from the Helimaxies until I am able to fly the Blade CP Pro 2 or higher
Thanks a lot for all your comments!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.