Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Mds 1.48

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2002, 03:25 AM
bizounce
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mds 1.48

Does anyone have a MDS 1.48. I'm debating whether or not I should buy one. I'm a little hesitant because I'm not familiar with the company and the price actually seems a little TOO cheap for a big bore engine.
email: [email protected]
Old 03-27-2002, 01:35 PM
Jonathan Ott
My Feedback: (25)

Default Had one and have one...

I had one on a Sig Cap 231EX (R.I.P.), Bisson pitts muffler and swinging an 18x6 Forte prop on 15% heli mix fuel and it was a powerfull beast. I traded it off for a Saito 65 which on my Pizazz. Anyway, I liked the engine so much, I have another that is going on my H9 Cap 232.

Tha only thing I an recommend is dont use the remote needle valve thingy. I had it on the Sig and it seemed that it was not effective. When I sold the engine, the buyer told me he bench ran it with the NV on the carb, not as a remote and it took adjustments very well.

There have been posts in the past that the MDS 148 was a pig, but they had carb problems that have since been worked out.

I think you'll like the engine on an aerobatic model up to 12lbs or so. It will be a great engine on anything that recommends a 1.08-1.20/1.50.

Good luck!

Jon
Old 03-27-2002, 02:20 PM
xp8103
My Feedback: (16)

Default Mds 1.48

See my response in the Giant Engines topic.

Jon, lost your Sig Cap too eh? Mine was a dumb thumb..... Was practicing knife edged passes.... Got a little low and was working on pulling out but applied just a little too much aileron.... Insta snap.... I REALLY liked that plane.... I like my DP ultimate too but I REALLY liked the Sig Cap.