Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Suggestions
Reload this Page >

RCU needs a "VOTE TO DELETE" option to give the power of deleting posts back to the members>>>

Community
Search
Notices
Suggestions Have a suggestion for a feature, new category or anything else? Let us know by posting it here!

RCU needs a "VOTE TO DELETE" option to give the power of deleting posts back to the members>>>

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 10:12 PM
WarbirdPilots
My Feedback: (209)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCU needs a "VOTE TO DELETE" option to give the power of deleting posts back to the members>>>

Derogatory, inconsiderate, and purely harassing posts have gotten out of control. It is time for the members to have the power to delete any post they deem inappropriate. RC Universe desperately needs aVOTE TO DELETE"VTD" option.

VTDis an option that allows the members to "click" if they disapprove of a post. Each timethe post gets the "VTD" clicked, a little "X" gets put next to the post. Once there are three members that have clicked on the"VTD" button, the post is deleted. They have this option on www.twinturbo.net and it works quite well.

It gives the power back to the people and gets rid of the derogatory posts quickly and easily. It also takes some of extra work away from the moderators. And I am sure you moderators wouldn't mind that.

Let me know what you think, and check it out on www.twinturbo.net

Old 06-21-2009, 10:28 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: RCU needs a

This is what the report link is made for. If you feel a post needs attention click the report link to bring it to the attention of a moderator. This is their job here on RCU. If he feels there is something wrong with it then action will be taken at that time. Otherwise they will leave the post in place. There is no need to create a "member vote" system.

In addition, the cost to add this to the RCU system code would be prohibitive and is not something that would be worth the amount of money it would cost to implement.

Ken
Old 06-25-2009, 09:51 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually the cost to implement if it worked ok would be fine BUT in reality you will get "gang" shutdowns. where clique's will simply gang up on a member to remove their posts. They will join forces and click their posts away together. The ability to abuse the system is too great and not worth it. We have a whole moderator crew here who can make judgement calls on any post and we have the report link that ken noted above. Just click it, report it and a moderator WILL address it sometimes within minutes or sometimes depending on timing a few hours or more. Almost always within 12 hours or so it will receive attention in the rare case that a moderator is not around or tied up.

We have thought about this feature and I love it in theory but in application it won't work due to the ugly side of human nature by a select few.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:07 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: TwinTurboZ

Derogatory, inconsiderate, and purely harassing posts have gotten out of control. It is time for the members to have the power to delete any post they deem inappropriate. RC Universe desperately needs a VOTE TO DELETE ''VTD'' option.

VTD is an option that allows the members to ''click'' if they disapprove of a post. Each time the post gets the ''VTD'' clicked, a little ''X'' gets put next to the post. Once there are three members that have clicked on the''VTD'' button, the post is deleted. They have this option on www.twinturbo.net and it works quite well.

It gives the power back to the people and gets rid of the derogatory posts quickly and easily. It also takes some of extra work away from the moderators. And I am sure you moderators wouldn't mind that.

Let me know what you think, and check it out on www.twinturbo.net
I think you should be called ADOLPH.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:41 PM
WarbirdPilots
My Feedback: (209)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I take a lot of offense to that ignorant and disgusting comment. Did you even read what i wrote. How can you call me adolf when I am trying to give the power to the people. I really want to know what your thought process was when you wrote your "adolf" comment. And an apology if you are man enough!