Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

diff oil viscosity

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 09:05 PM
bkfamily1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default diff oil viscosity

How do they get the different viscosities of diff oil? Can you mix 2 different viscosities to get something in between? I have 3000 and 10,000 and would like something around 6000 or 7000. I am thinking I can just mix them.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:15 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: diff oil viscosity

I dont think it would work like that, Your best bet would be to use the weight you want/need. You would need control over your mixing to get the viscosity you are looking for.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:31 AM
Redharris

Eddie is correct....Silicone Oils cannot be mixed.(At least not by stirring them together)

If RC silicone is anything like the silicon damping fluid I use at work, then it CAN be mixed.
However the formula for getting the correct weight is quite precise and you have to Heat the oil to a certain Temperature when Mixing.
It's not worth the effort......
Old 07-06-2009, 01:27 AM
Swamp3r

I`d have to agree with Eddie and Rich, when I used to run trains for the railway we could not mix our oils the viscosity of the oils pretty much fight each other and float apart. So one minute you might have 3000 wieght then 10,000. I don`t recommend it .