Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Foam Tire Glue...HELP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 06:25 PM
Vyger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Foam Tire Glue...HELP!!!!!

OK, I’m hoping someone out there in the world wide interweb can help me. Back in the day (mid and late 90’s) I use to mount my own foam tires to the wheels. I use to have to coat the tire and the wheel separately, let them dry, then dunk them into lacquer thinner and slide them onto the wheel.

My problem is now that I’m getting back into this I want to mount up some foam tires, but can’t seem to find the glue/adhesive at the LHS.

Does anyone have a suggestion on a good glue/adhesive? If you can suggest the name of the product and not just “rubber cement” that would be nice…but at this point any help would be appreciated

Thanks,
Vyg
Old 07-06-2009, 09:35 PM
Willystylz

Default RE: Foam Tire Glue...HELP!!!!!

tower has some "Muchmore Racing Foam Tire Glue"

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXUST4&P=7

I actually ordered 2 bottles of this when I was having my tire mounting issues. Never used it yet. But i'm guessing you coat the surface of the rim and slide the tire on quickly?
Old 07-07-2009, 10:06 AM
Vyger

Thanks for the input. I really appreciate it. I'll take a look at this and see if it's the right stuff. Thanks again!
Old 07-07-2009, 06:55 PM
OvalRacer99

Go to RC4Less.com and shoot them an e mail, they should be able to hook you up. I got some tire glue from them made by TRC.
You could also hit the hardware store and pick up contact cement, it is the same stuff. Look for it in a can with a brush included in the cap.