Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Smoke On A Truck

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 04:48 AM
theoilyone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smoke On A Truck

Could I fit a smoke system to my Hurrax Crypton if I can what parts do I need.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:46 AM
J.D.T

Default RE: Smoke On A Truck

yep, you need a pump, I like this one

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDES4&P=7

not sure what motor is in them things but most airplane places have mufflers for gassers allready set up to go, you may have to do a little custom fitting of course, you will need to find a smaller tank somewhere, any rc gas tank should work to store the smoke oil.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDES4&P=7

I personally have never set one up on a car but its fairly common in the airplane world, they have cheaper pumps for like $20 but they don't allow you to have it increase pressure with the throttle the ways these ones can, I think that would be cool to see as setup where as you gas it and the motors revs more smoke comes out
Old 07-16-2009, 08:00 PM
calvino

I used to be a bigwig into model trains. All the little smoke units that they use are: A think wire, gets hot, heats a piece of metal, you have the low smoking temp oil, it heats that and you have smoke [8D]. If you want a cheap smoke system, you could rig up a system like that. Thats just my $.02 on it all.... would look amazing if you were drifting and aimed the smoke at the tires....
Old 07-16-2009, 08:50 PM
ASSOCIATED_DRIVER

I thought the Hurrax Crypton is a gas model. No smoke out of the exhaust pipe?

I've seen electric drift models that had the smoke unit, and they looked cool, and ads realism, but still no sounds electric.

Most of the time, when I run off road, there is already a trail of dust behind the trucks/buggies so I dont really care about adding smoke. But thats just me.

Man those smoke units are expensive. I guess if you can afford them, its your money. Do a little more research and you could probably make one yourself. I've seen some videos about it on youtube.