Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > HPI Monster Truck Forum
Reload this Page >

any one here into short course trucks ? Check out HPI's latest

Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

any one here into short course trucks ? Check out HPI's latest

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 07:59 AM
BANKRUPTER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any one here into short course trucks ? Check out HPI's latest

The blitz is coming. better late then never...

Brain @ SMC put me on to this today. Figured Id share with you all

http://www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/103171/

Old 07-24-2009, 08:23 AM
jbates14760

Default RE: any one here into short course trucks ? Check out HPI's latest

Sucks that everyone is sticking to electric 1/10th scale... would love to see more 1/10th nitro options.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:42 AM
thzero

Looks like they went with the Associated direction, taking a 1/10th scale stadium truck and turning it into a SCC truck. Rather than the Losi approach which was take a 1/10th scale bash truck and turn it into a SCC. Granted the RC10 is probably a much better racer than the E-Firestorm.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:50 AM
Mattholew

Yeah, the market needs a simple 2WD Short Course Nitro, basically like a Firestorm. The revo based Slayer is too complicated and expensive. I like the stock Slash Spec class and think its the most fair and run racing out there, if you could do that with a 2wd Nitro version, something where you get more speed yet maintain the simplicity like that of the Slash, it would be a hit.

The only thing I dont like about Slash Spec is the slow speed and small jumping abilities. A 2wd nitro would fix this.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:13 AM
thzero

There is one for nitro, its from Kyosho. AND HPI does a nitro Firestorm, so who knows...

But I do like the Blitz... its based on a solid platform, fits the ROAR SCC specs, AND has a sealed diff. The biggest win of the Losi is the aluminum shock bodies.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:04 PM
Mattholew

I really like the threaded shock bodies for infinite adjustments without having to keep up with a bunch of clips.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:22 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

F that! I want to see a Pro 4 nitro 1/8 SC truck damnit! I'm digging the wheels and tires on that rig though [sm=thumbup.gif]. And "Blitz", really? That sounds about as manly as a Geo Metro [&:]
Old 07-24-2009, 03:25 PM
thzero

Team Associated SC8. Its the RC8T RTR but with the buggy a-arms, truggy front shocks used as rear shocks, and the buggy rear shocks used as front shocks. I've been considering either converting my RC8T into one, or just buying one for parts.

ORIGINAL: rcnitrohead

F that! I want to see a Pro 4 nitro 1/8 SC truck damnit!
Old 07-24-2009, 09:26 PM
rcnitrohead

lol trust me I know all about the SC8.. I actually passed up a SMOKING deal for an NIB truck with a spare painted body and another clear one all for $400.... I was saying that HPI should release one to give the SC8 some competition, though I doubt anything HPI would make would be able to keep up lol.. Times are tough now, no more R/Cs for me for the time being
Old 07-24-2009, 10:51 PM
Mattholew

ORIGINAL: rcnitrohead

lol trust me I know all about the SC8.. I actually passed up a SMOKING deal for an NIB truck with a spare painted body and another clear one all for $400.... I was saying that HPI should release one to give the SC8 some competition, though I doubt anything HPI would make would be able to keep up lol.. Times are tough now, no more R/Cs for me for the time being
How about the Red Cat:

1/8th

http://www.redcatracing.com/RC-Cars/.../Aftershock-35

1/10th

Talking about cost and money, that's why I say a 1/10th scale 2wd with a .15 in it would be a hit. Could be as cheap as the Firestorm, faster than a Slash, less complicated, cheaper to maintain and cheaper to run than a .28 powered 4wd 1/8th scale. So it would sell like crazy which would mean that race classes would pop up faster at your local tracks.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:13 AM
rcnitrohead

lol sorry but I refuse to buy anything Redcat/Himoto/ all the other clone BS whatever it may be... I may be short on cash, but I'm not going to pay less up front for something cheap thats going to cause me problems in the future. In this hobby, its strictly you get what you pay for [8D]
Old 07-25-2009, 09:50 AM
Mattholew

Yeah your right about that. I wouldn't buy one either, they look cheap so you know they will constantly be broke. The only Redcat product that looks appealing to be is the 5b clone.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:49 AM
spiftacu1ar

IMHO, the redcat crawlers don't look all that bad. ITs hard to break a crawler too, they dont' go fast enough :P
Old 07-25-2009, 02:22 PM
bigwaltc

My son has a Redcat Buggy and he is always breaking or bending parts on it they are great first time RC for a beginner but after that you wont be happy with it [sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 07-25-2009, 06:29 PM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jbates14760

Sucks that everyone is sticking to electric 1/10th scale... would love to see more 1/10th nitro options.
Nitro is on the way out....electric is "in" again if you didn't notice. lol
Old 07-25-2009, 06:31 PM
black mamba

ORIGINAL: BANKRUPTER

The blitz is coming. better late then never...

Brain @ SMC put me on to this today. Figured Id share with you all

http://www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/103171/

Sweet! Now we have all the heavy hitters in the SC frenzy! I love it and will be getting a SC truck here shortly....just have to decide on which one now. lol
Old 07-25-2009, 07:46 PM
Savage_Dias

ORIGINAL: black mamba

ORIGINAL: jbates14760

Nitro is on the way out....electric is ''in'' again if you didn't notice. lol
The instant gratification crowd can have their electrics. I have both but I have a lot more fun running nitros. The noise, smell, smoke, & added danger make driving a lot more interesting plus it provides a nice separation from the toy grade r/c class.

Old 07-25-2009, 07:58 PM
black mamba

Well, look around you. The entire RC industry....boats, helos, planes, cars, buggies, monster trucks, etc are all moving back to or becoming electric for the first time. Love it or leave it, but it's here to stay, and once BL gets cheaper, it will be everywhere it isn't already. Unless nitro does something to step up to the plate, it will become the minority in the hobby within a couple of years. BL/lipo and budget friendly electric SC racing have been the "shot in the arm" the "4 wheeled" side of the hobby needed because nitro has stagnated.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:16 PM
black mamba

I LOVE the scale Maxxis tires HPI is using. I think ALL of the major 1:1 tires used in SC racing (BFG, General, etc) should be licensed for reproduction as RC tires. How cool would it be to use the "real" tires on your scale SC truck? That would add another level of realism to this already very cool class.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:24 PM
thzero

Maybe, things don't always scale down well. But I'd rather see the 1/10th and 1/8th scale SC trucks to be more realistic, i.e. independent front suspensions, live rear axles, mid-mounted motors... full roll cages. Its not like with brushless for the 1/10th scale you don't have the power to push around a heavier truck.

I LOVE the scale Maxxis tires HPI is using. I think ALL of the major 1:1 tires used in SC racing (BFG, General, etc) should be licensed for reproduction as RC tires. How cool would it be to use the ''real'' tires on your scale SC truck? That would add another level of realism to this already very cool class.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:05 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

Well, look around you. The entire RC industry....boats, helos, planes, cars, buggies, monster trucks, etc are all moving back to or becoming electric for the first time. Love it or leave it, but it's here to stay, and once BL gets cheaper, it will be everywhere it isn't already. Unless nitro does something to step up to the plate, it will become the minority in the hobby within a couple of years. BL/lipo and budget friendly electric SC racing have been the ''shot in the arm'' the ''4 wheeled'' side of the hobby needed because nitro has stagnated.
yeah nitro needs to hit up the 4 stroke end of things... or else its done, and even then idk if it can save its self, while nitro is still very strong, electric is deff gunna wipe it out in 2-3 years...

the lug
Old 07-26-2009, 08:15 PM
absolutemayhem

ORIGINAL: rclugnut10

Well, look around you. The entire RC industry....boats, helos, planes, cars, buggies, monster trucks, etc are all moving back to or becoming electric for the first time. Love it or leave it, but it's here to stay, and once BL gets cheaper, it will be everywhere it isn't already. Unless nitro does something to step up to the plate, it will become the minority in the hobby within a couple of years. BL/lipo and budget friendly electric SC racing have been the ''shot in the arm'' the ''4 wheeled'' side of the hobby needed because nitro has stagnated.
yeah nitro needs to hit up the 4 stroke end of things... or else its done, and even then idk if it can save its self, while nitro is still very strong, electric is deff gunna wipe it out in 2-3 years...

the lug

you guys are CRAZY...you all could have your flashlights...NITRO will be for the TURE r/c hobbist.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:50 PM
thzero

There's room for all sorts, there are no absolutes just like in 1:1 racing... otherwise you wouldn't have as many different varitions of vehicles.

ORIGINAL: absolutemayhem

you guys are CRAZY...you all could have your flashlights...NITRO will be for the TURE r/c hobbist.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:07 PM
Mattholew

ORIGINAL: thzero

Maybe, things don't always scale down well. But I'd rather see the 1/10th and 1/8th scale SC trucks to be more realistic, i.e. independent front suspensions, live rear axles, mid-mounted motors... full roll cages. Its not like with brushless for the 1/10th scale you don't have the power to push around a heavier truck.

I LOVE the scale Maxxis tires HPI is using. I think ALL of the major 1:1 tires used in SC racing (BFG, General, etc) should be licensed for reproduction as RC tires. How cool would it be to use the ''real'' tires on your scale SC truck? That would add another level of realism to this already very cool class.
+1 gazzilion on both of these comments.

Id like to see all those things especially a BL SC, I would love it if Traxxas would release a BL Slash because the weak speed in the Slash is a MAJOR turn off for me and I really love to race that class (the spec makes it fun, I could go open electric but that quickly become a money pit). Everytime after parking the nitros and picking up the Slash controller.....Im always like; "I think my battery's dead or my motor is nearly fried"; it is plain out SLOW, and thats with lightweight LIPO power.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:43 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

imo the lightwheighty-ness of lipo's really isn't all there, they're not too much lighter than a 6 cell, but the power is all there for sure, they give you a royal kick in the pants, but yes it is sad they didn't release a flux version or maybe they will, that'd be nice and as for running a lipo in a stock slash i think the crappy motor is just killing any extra gains that the lipo would give to a quality power system...

the lug

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.