Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Aeromarine build quality

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Aeromarine build quality

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 07:49 PM
pcg33k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aeromarine build quality

I just wanted to say to anybody thats new or looking for a hull and is wondering the quality of certain builders of hulls. I have a Aeromarine Avenger Pro which I took out today and while I was on my third and last tank of the night I must have either hit a rock or cut it to hard at full throttle either way my boat went about 10 ft in the air and up 15 ft onto shore flipping many many times. I actually had enough time to cut the engine in mid flight. All I could think is I have a big yellow rock that used to be a boat. I didn't even want to walk over and look but I did. To my surprise there was no major damage now this is not the first time I have run my boat onshore at full throttle with no major damage. These hulls are built tough. I've only had hulls from Proboat, Aquacraft and Aeromarine so I can't really speak on any others but I do know that these things are solid and speaking as a newbie these are great boats. Here are some pics of the damage how do I go about fixing this or could I just run it as is with no problems?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29991.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	1248865   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw72663.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	1248866   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rx60216.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	1248867  
Old 08-07-2009, 10:50 PM
lildude2599

Default RE: Aeromarine build quality

That is a well built boat there. If that boat done all that and thats all that damage it has then its very good to me.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:30 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: pcg33k
now this is not the first time I have run my boat onshore at full throttle with no major damage.
Wow [X(] [X(] [X(] - I would not say that too loud or often

In my opinion aeromarine have always been a benchmark for quality in the industry. They have found the right balance between weight and strength - performance and quality.

Glad to hear she will live to fight another day
Old 08-09-2009, 08:56 PM
pcg33k

It makes me feel good knowing I the quality put into these boats. I really need to get her patched up I've had her out since the crash and she still runs no problem. I'm looking to paint her but can't decide if I should do it or sending it to Bonzi Sports. I've already gotten a quote which is what I figured the amount to be. I'm sure it will look good but a part of me would like to have the pleasure of painting it myself but I would need to buy the equipment to paint it. I almost thought of doing it with spray paint but the quality probably won't be that good so I'm still doing some research on painting the hull myself and whats involved. Any suggestions?