Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

XXX outer limits???

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

XXX outer limits???

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 07:45 PM
jworm49

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XXX outer limits???

Hi everyone, I have gotten some great help from many of you on this site (thank you). I am sold on getting a WWH team pro hull for the rebuilding of a poorly built boat I bought on Ebay but I have yet another question. Do to money reasons I may go with my second choice the XXX Outer Limits from Aeromarine. The hull/hard wear combo looks like a great deal for $525.00. But the pics on there site aren't very good nor is the description. Does anyone have pics of this hull with the hard wear that would come in that kit or something close to it. Thanks for any imput.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:54 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: XXX outer limits???

I don't think that I've got any pix of one running but have seen some. They seem to be a decent boat for most water conditions but I'd buy the hull only from Aeromarine then go with some good hardware from Speedmaster or one of the better hardware companies. You can get by with the Aeromarine hardware if you'd like just to save yourself some money though.

Let me guess, one of Vern's hulls?
Old 08-14-2009, 02:48 PM
FlogginHarvey

I just researched the same boat (45-49" mono's with deep vees that will be fun sport boats and still be set up for racing if I get the itch later).

The Aeromarine XXX has the same hull as another boat called an AC not sure if it is an Lazer or a Razor. They are purportedly GREAT runners and both manufacturers models are raced in NAMBA and VERY competitive.

Shoot me an email and I will pop over some links to some boats and builds that I do not beleive I can post here.

I ended up choosing a Rico Classic Offshore because I preferred the looks (totally person choice on the subjective styling) to the Areomarine or AC and that particular Rico model has a bit deeper vee which handles where I run a bit better BUT the trade-off is the Rico needs more power (Mod Zen) to pull the same speeds as the others (with Stock Power). The AC and the Areomarine XXX run GREAT in heat racing rough water!!!! Fast and predictable from those I spoke with that own and race with and against them when shopping earlier in the summer.

I hope that helps...shoot me an e-mail and I can get you some more detailed info...
Old 08-14-2009, 03:05 PM
FlogginHarvey

here is some info I copied and pasted and a youtube link to a XXX Aeromarine...I hope he doesn't mind...

"...Dasboata 7015/3 with mine. Not had a chance to throw the GPS in there yet, but the rooster tail is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abv7dXqpwA8

Running with mod G230 and steel header & zero band pipe. It has a rather heavy duty cluth in right now, which I plan to throw out and give it more oomph..."

Old 08-14-2009, 04:19 PM
jworm49

Thanks for the help guys, Fologgin how can I email you? Ron thanks also I think for now I would just go with the areo combo and swap out for better running gear as I can afford it. My main goal is to get a good looking and running boat that is set up right so I can grow and learn with it. Also I shoul mention that I will only be using the boat for sport not racing. Thanks again guys.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:24 PM
FlogginHarvey

[email protected]

Aeromarine is good stuff. If you want to look into some different hardware...try SpeedMaster. Here is a shot of my Rico Offshore with Speedmaster Stinger, 6" Rudder & Dual Pickup Rudder, Billet Tabs, and setup of Turn Fins.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89139.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	1256157  
Old 08-14-2009, 06:28 PM
jworm49

Yes Ron it is one of Vern's the Cobra 50 I think.