Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Evader SP

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 08:48 PM
Travism

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evader SP

Im pretty new to r/c cars ive been working on fixing up an Evader i found at a garage sale that was pretty beat up. recently it began having problems with from what i can guess the motor, transmission or differential. itll be running and just randomly stop, if i push down on the cover, or the motor itself it generally starts back up after a few tries. Tonight when i was out running it, it would stop, and then id have to push it alittle bit and itd start up, like a rolling start. I tried tightening down the gears a bit, but they looked like they were meshed just fine and werent worn down. Is it possible that the motor is just gone?or is it something much simpler. It ran just fine about a month ago the only thing ive really done is added new front shocks. Any help would be great, id rather not bring it in for repairs.</p>
Old 08-14-2009, 08:51 PM
Aimlessone

Default RE: Evader SP

The brushes are worn out, if it still has the old Photon Speed motor then you should get a different one anyway. The Team Orion Method R motors are great for the price, look for the ones with adjustable timing and ball bearings. Also, is it still running the Sprint ESC? That ESC is rated for 20 turns minimum, but it'll handle a 19 turn just fine, so a Team Orion 19 turn or Trinity Speedgems should hit the spot nicely.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:06 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 7 cell pack will make it wear out faster since it is making more power now. You may have very good results from just cleaning it out with motor spray real good. A drop of oil on each bushing after the cleaning will be good. It probably does need new brushes and comm cut if it's the evst. If it's the ext then the motor is a throw away.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:53 PM
Travism

its an Evader SP, its older im guessing.  How do i go about cleaning the motor or do i just spray it?  And will my local R/C store carry the brushes and comm cut?  Any other reccomendations besides the Orion, ive seen that name throw around so ill look into those next time im at the store.  It has the intellispeed ESC in it currently i do have the original as well.   Heres a link with the specs,  http://www.duratrax.com/caraccys/dtxm1055.html . 
Old 08-14-2009, 09:58 PM
Travism

oh im sorry that has alll of them listed, i have the 16t mild-modified reversible<h3></h3>
Old 08-15-2009, 11:41 AM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Yes, pretty much just spray all out inside as good as you can do. Photon1 in the original evst can be rebrushed and cut at a lhs. The newer photon2 in the ext cannot , but it still can be cleaned.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:59 PM
Travism

I talked with someone local, he said it might be the reciever but it still turns so i dunno if thats a possibility or not.  i swapped out ESC for the original and it did the same thing.  When i apply throttle to go forward i get a red light, when i reverse i get both green and red, when doing nothing it blinks green.  Sorry im on a college budget so i dont wanna buy the wrong part, payments due soon. 
Old 08-16-2009, 11:49 AM
scoobs92

man you picked the wrong hobby to be in if your on a limited budget lol its the motor the one in my rusty just started doing that and i swaped it now its fine
Old 08-16-2009, 12:14 PM
Travism

Lol yeah I realized that when I went to the store. Oh well I picked up a second job so I should be good to feed my new addiction. Thanks guys ill go grab a new motor.