Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Radio???

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 06:23 AM
pokaplaya22
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio???

Hey all, newbie here to the boating world. After years of rcing with cars/trucks/bikes, Ive decided to take the plunge into the water. I recently purchased a used, WH hull with modded 23 zen. The boat looks pretty clean, and got a decent deal, so I figured before goin out and investing $1000 bucks, ill give this a whirl first. My question... I have a Spekrum systm, Ive been using for a few years now with no flaws, and totally love the glitch free operation esp. with my 1/5 FG gasser. It seems, after reading some posts about the topic, I am weary about using it on the water. Is all the 2.4 tehnology the same, Ive been checking out this new Futaba 2.4 system, and seems pretty inexpensive. Any input greatly appreciated
http://www.rcandme.com/futaba-fhss-s...5d0e27b919b6cb
Old 08-15-2009, 08:07 AM
monsterbrad

Default RE: Radio???

NO
Do not put that radio in that boat.
I had a Manta Ray with that radio and all we had was glitchy problems.
Get the Futaba Fasst radio or the Hitec Agressor or the JR synthesized radio all FM or Fasst.
I am no radio expert and I was just posting about the new Tower 2.4 radio but the feed back on that radio for gassers is to cloudy at this point.
My boats all have JR equiptment in them and they are all ok but the gasser suffers from distance issues with the fail safe kicking in.
I am going to put the Hitec Agressor in a buddies Prather and we'll see how that works.
Tower is out of the Fasst sport radio as the new one is about to come out.
There is always ebay though I saw a few of the Fasst radio's on there yesterday.
Hope this helps your decision
Old 08-15-2009, 08:12 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Interesting radio system, I've got both the 2-PL in AM and FM but the FHSS threw me for a loop as normally Airtronics uses that for their 2.4 Gig radios.
The downside is that it won't be available until sometime in October.
Yes, I'd be leery about using the Spektrum on the water also as unless it's the latest version, they will glitch on the water.

The price isn't bad as I paid $90.00 for my 2-PL FM radio.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:14 AM
pokaplaya22
My Feedback: (22)

Thanks for the info, will look into the FASST, just found this, helluva deal with free shipping
http://cgi.ebay.com/Futaba-3PM-Radio...d=p3286.c0.m14
Old 08-15-2009, 09:58 AM
monsterbrad

Ordred one
Going to throw that in my 5T
Tired of range issues
I will look into a receiver for the boat next