Community
Search
Notices
Team Associated - Monster GT Discuss all things AE MGT right here!

4.6 or tmaxx?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 11:04 PM
macz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4.6 or tmaxx?

I know dumb ques. In this forum but I can't decide on which truck to get... It seems 4.6 a bit more scale looking but maxx seems more stock upgrades..
Old 08-17-2009, 12:23 AM
macz

Default RE: 4.6 or tmaxx?

I like the 8.0 to but it's $100 more....so many choices..
Old 08-17-2009, 07:07 AM
ben805

forget about the tmaxx and consider the savage instead, it has more aftermarket parts and tons of body shells to choose from, better fuel economy and easier to tune. On the other hand the 8.0 is a torque freak and that's what a monster truck suppose to be, but required patience to get it tune, and be aware that the 8.0 is VERY thirsty and you can forget about buying fuel in quarts, get them in gallons by the case! LOL
Old 08-17-2009, 07:39 AM
macz

I had a 4.6 and that ridiculous 1/2. Tank lean....
Old 08-17-2009, 02:57 PM
Barber420
My Feedback: (1)

I would go with an MGT 8.0, it's got enough better parts on it over the 4.6 to EASILY make it worth a hundred dollars more. If you don't get an 8.0 my second choice would be a Losi XXL, but that's WAY expensive. The T-Maxx would be the last MT I would ever buy. Their is a reason they make all of the hop ups for them, because they NEED them. An MGT 8.0 only needs to have FT shock caps added and it's darn near bulletproof with proper driving!
Old 08-18-2009, 11:41 AM
Ghase

I'd worked on Tmaxx's and Savage's (XL and X), and I've driven a MGT 8.0.................. Out of thosethree, I would pick aMGT 8.0 becauseof price andits the only that has a FM radio (has a 10 memory model as well). It's maybe not the best handling, one of the most toughest...........Guaranteed

BTWI currently own a full metal miniMGT with an OS .18TZ, and both owners of the Savages wants to buy it off from me....
Old 08-18-2009, 08:29 PM
redlined_b16a

My MGT 8.0 can run about 15 minutes on a full tank,running a little on the rich side and it still has balls and then some,Pulls wheelies on command,I have found that the Radio drains batteries fast
Old 10-16-2009, 08:11 PM
Mule5292

i say look at the Revo 3.3
Old 10-17-2009, 10:59 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

I have had a T-Maxx, and the .21 MGT(with a 4.6 AE engine) that i currently own, along with the savage. If you dont like the savage, then go with the 4.6 MGT for sure. Its a lot better than the T-Maxx i had as far as durability, and driveline toughness, and its just a bigger heavier built truck. Not to mention the 4.6 is a pretty darn strong engine to be a stock engine IMO. I like both my MGT and my Savage. They are both a blast, and very strong trucks. I would definately go with the MGT over the T-Maxx. If i were buying new, and didnt have any of what i have now, it would be between the 4.6 Savage, and the 4.6 MGT. Both great trucks IMO. They just have different characteristics.

Eric
Old 10-20-2009, 12:30 PM
driller2948

ORIGINAL: cummins driver

I have had a T-Maxx, and the .21 MGT(with a 4.6 AE engine) that i currently own, along with the savage. If you dont like the savage, then go with the 4.6 MGT for sure. Its a lot better than the T-Maxx i had as far as durability, and driveline toughness, and its just a bigger heavier built truck. Not to mention the 4.6 is a pretty darn strong engine to be a stock engine IMO. I like both my MGT and my Savage. They are both a blast, and very strong trucks. I would definately go with the MGT over the T-Maxx. If i were buying new, and didnt have any of what i have now, it would be between the 4.6 Savage, and the 4.6 MGT. Both great trucks IMO. They just have different characteristics.

Eric
X2 get what you can find parts for as far as vote goes MGT The 8.0 has a better tranny but thats it sell the engine and get LRP .28 or .30 I would suggest a more expensive mill but the LRP's are great little engines.