Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Cobra engine??

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 08:44 PM
rcflyertim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cobra engine??

I purchased a Fokker DVIII over the weekend that has a COBRA?? gas engine!! Dose anyone have info on this engine?
Old 09-03-2009, 03:01 AM
gadix
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Cobra engine??

is this what u r looking for

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95063.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	1267880  
The following users liked this post:
stsguy (11-15-2021)
Old 09-03-2009, 01:40 PM
rcflyertim

Nope sorry. This looks to be a single cylinder around a 30cc size I guess. I know that during the 70's someone did an article on this engine. I think it was rc modeler but I am not sure of it.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:48 PM
Les Nessman

Tim, do a search on Rossi cobra engines, maybe this is it. This is the add I found and the picture of a sigle cylinder 30 CC engine

Part number: AXE198R21 Description: This is the Axe Rossi brand Cobra 198R21 off road competition race engine. This is one of the newest engines to come out from the Axe Rossi engine manufacturing plant, and boasts awesome all around performance. The AXE Motor Rossi Cobra engine specs are: Displacement: 3.5cc Horse Power: 3.1 HP RPM: 40800 Bore: 16.00 mm Stroke: 17.40 mm Ports: 7 / 2 Buster Exhaust System Crankshaft & Type: 14 SG Glow Plug: Standard Weight: 340 grFeatures of this engine are: Crankshaft with with tungsten inserts on the flywheel for balanced performance New carburetor with heat insulation prevents fuel vaporization New shell mold casting crankcase with a new patented intake ports system Buster exhaust system Bigger rear ball bearing Rossi engines are hand made in Italy, built to the most precise tolerances, with the finest Swiss CNC machine equipment, using the best quality materials to give you the highest performance and longest life. This engine will work with any recent 1/8th scale buggy such as the Kyosho Inferno MP7.5, Kanai 2, Kanai 3, Kyosho Inferno MP777, Mugen MBX4, MBX5, OFNA Hyper 7 Pro, OFNA 9.5 Pro, Bergonzoni Blast, Horizon SportWerks Mayhem and Thunder Tiger EB4, EB4 S2 Pro and EB4 S3.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:32 AM
rcflyertim

Thanks Les for the feedback but that is not the engine I have.

I looked for any marking on the engine I found a sticker on the side that say "G4D with a model No. 065198" the engine mount is also green. Look like a plastic cup (similar to the bell housing the B&B specialites sell for the spring starter for the G-62. I will try an find my camera and post a picture.

Thanks for the input so far. i am sure someone out there and seen or used this engine.

Tim B.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:43 PM
rcflyertim

I found a little more info on the side of the engine. It says "Cobra powered by Roush Mfg" "G4D" "No. 065198" Anyone familar with this engine?