Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Hobbytron

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 12:19 AM
GTRice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobbytron

Do HobbyTron ships outside the U.S.? Will they be able to ship there products to Canada?

www.hobbytron.com
Old 09-08-2009, 12:41 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Hobbytron

I'd avoid them if I were you. The general consensus seems to be that their service is really, really poor.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:49 AM
GTRice

Yeah, I heard many stories of that too. I also heard many receive products shipped from them were either defective or broken. From what I heard, there services to help you with these damaged products are poor.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:59 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, not only have I heard those stories but before I knew better I ordered from them. Received the wrong item, which normally isn't a huge deal, but it's the way they dealt with it. They were rather hostile over email and phone, as if it were somehow my fault that they packed the wrong item. Never even ended up clearing it up, I just filed a claim with my credit card company and got it back that way.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:35 PM
GTRice

They actually blame on you for receiving the wrong item? That's kind of hard to believe! It was a good thing your credit card company was there to help you. Thanks for the info now, didn't realize there service were really that much poor. There website on there policy and the service to help you was probably much of a lie.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:40 PM
pede_187

Yea, back when I was somewhat new to the hobby I bought an rc from them and there was a problem with it (ended up just being a rock stuck in the belts), but it was never said whether it was a product defect or just something mechanically wrong (like the rock for instance). So they basically said, Nope, it's the manufacters' job to deal with that.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:47 PM
GTRice

That's some helpful service they have for you. Really, the products they sells are not really made from them, they actually order those products from the manufactures to sell in there store, so they are probably too lazy fixed it for you and they would probably blame it on the manufacturer's fault for the defective or broken item.