Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Belt CP V2 vs. Exceed Blue Ray 450SE

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Belt CP V2 vs. Exceed Blue Ray 450SE

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 09:46 PM
dvendt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Belt CP V2 vs. Exceed Blue Ray 450SE

Evening People,
I need some good honest hands on advise here. I am looking at both the E-sky Belt CP V2 2.4 Ghz and the Exceed Blue Ray 450SE. Which one shoud I consider and why? I have a very small budget to stay in.
Thanks for any and all help.

Dave
Old 10-07-2009, 06:13 PM
honda411
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Belt CP V2 vs. Exceed Blue Ray 450SE

well good question!

I dont have any experience with the Belt CP V2 (although this was what i WAS gonna choose), but on the other hand, i have done a lot of research on the Blue Ray from EXceed. I ordered the Blue Ray, and it came neatly packed, RTF!
it is the SE version, and after topping the battery off to max charge, i flew it with the training gear off coarse. nothing needed to be changed, except trim it. blade tracking was perfect, and the pitch. ANYWAYS, i would most definately suggest this heli. i have not had much experience with helis, so basically starting out with the Blue Ray. what im getting at, is this heli could almost fly hands-off all the time, in no wind of coarse. it is so easy to control and fly. i would suggest cleaning up the plastic ball links, as this will improve performance, and the less sticky feel new helis have.
it is so extremely easy to fly, and the response, and performance is incredible.
Definately rcommended for sure! you will be doing loops and rolls in no time.
One Bad thing though, in order to put mixing, and pitch curves, throttle curves, etc., into your Tx, you have to hook it into the computer to do so. now first things first when doing so! VERY IMPORTANT! select the USB port in the setting menu, and RIGHT AWAY hit Get User button, and save stock settings immediatley. otherwise your Tx could lose all programmed functions factory sent stock.
BUT otherwise this is an amazing heli. Good Luck!!
Old 10-08-2009, 01:12 AM
Navy_1

the V2 2.4 comes with a HH gyro and a 2.4 radio. i have found that E-sky Electonics pack is normely a little better. i have a V1 and a buddy has a V2 and there is some diff in hte 2 birds. Electonics pack for one. the fram is a little beefer. the tail servo mounts differently and it come with a HH gyro so it is easer to fly. its compleatly you choise.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:03 AM
noobflyer01

ORIGINAL: Navy_1

the V2 2.4 comes with a HH gyro and a 2.4 radio. i have found that E-sky Electonics pack is normely a little better. i have a V1 and a buddy has a V2 and there is some diff in hte 2 birds. Electonics pack for one. the fram is a little beefer. the tail servo mounts differently and it come with a HH gyro so it is easer to fly. its compleatly you choise.
the esky electronics pack is normally a little better? pffft. you're kidding right?
Old 10-08-2009, 08:09 AM
HarleyDave

the esky electronics pack is normally a little better? pffft. you're kidding right?

+1 on that..... Esky has some of the WORST electronics... Most who think there good, is because they haven't tried anything other than Esky. And then its funny, because when they do venture out into the hobby in more depth, they see this and kinda hide in the corner with there tail between there legs ! When venturing into the realm of these RC-Heli's stay away from the tail motor driven heli's anyway. Just go for the belt driven stuff. Much less of a headache especially for the beginner.

Dave
Old 10-24-2009, 06:27 AM
joeyhatch11

Get the Exceed. I've had, flown and wasted a lot of money on my Esky Belt CP V2 before I upgraded everything over to a HDX450SE v4. Having a heli where the servos connect directly to the swash is what you want. I couldn't get over the difference in performance and over all feel for the HDX once everything came together. Not saying I didn't like my Esky when it flew but it just seemed like it had a bad delay in stick responce compaired to the HDX.