Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes, have a seperate sc category
45.45%
No, dont have a seperate category
54.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

SHORT COURSE BAAABBBBYYYY!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 07:20 PM
rustlerduster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SHORT COURSE BAAABBBBYYYY!!!!

As we all know there is a major change in the rc industry because of the the short course trucks all coming out, now idk about you guys but i want a seperate short course thread going like how theres monster trucks and stuff short course should have its own category, there are alot of short course threads going into the other categories so if we get enough votes maybe rcu will consider adding another category. plz vote!

thanks,

Zach
Old 09-29-2009, 08:03 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: SHORT COURSE BAAABBBBYYYY!!!!

Frankly I don't see the big deal, they're not significantly different in terms of actual driving - just looks. People seem to go gaga over them though, so obviously the market will dictate how popular they remain to be.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:42 PM
Druss

I don't think they need their own forum, really they are just stadium trucks with a few differences. there are quite a few of them out there though and they are quite popular so it might be worth thinking about anyway
Old 09-29-2009, 10:07 PM
FieroMan121
My Feedback: (2)

nope, they are based off existing chassis, and are not in my opinion any different, thatd be like saying "well traxxas is so popular, lets give those users their own section" yet they still dont have a vintage section which i think is lacking in the online comunity.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:12 PM
Druss

ORIGINAL: FieroMan121

nope, they are based off existing chassis, and are not in my opinion any different, thatd be like saying ''well traxxas is so popular, lets give those users their own section'' yet they still dont have a vintage section which i think is lacking in the online comunity.
While I don't disagree that there are some worthy categories out there, including vintage, I don't know that your reasoning is sound. For instance, there is a drift forum and that's just a type of driving, the cars themselves are just TC w/ slippery wheels on them...

Also, there's only "Off road Electric" and yet for Nitro they have MT, Truggy and Buggy.

What forums are put on here have as much to do with sales and marketing as they do with popularity and what deserves one.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:51 AM
HJJFFFAA

No. There are enough forums already.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:41 AM
Clymer122693

I say give em their own sub forum. Its a pita to dig thru the general electric section or nitro stadium section just to look for SCT threads.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:11 AM
mazdaprotege4
My Feedback: (32)

I am all for more forums (and geting rid of the ones that dont have sufficent volume).  But good luck in getting a new forum made.  I have been lobbying for a vintage section since March and it still has not happened.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:12 AM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sure why not,give them a forum.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:00 AM
Kitsune
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: mazdaprotege4

I am all for more forums (and geting rid of the ones that dont have sufficent volume). But good luck in getting a new forum made. I have been lobbying for a vintage section since March and it still has not happened.
Indeed, that's the deciding factor in the end. You can get a ton of people to support the idea wholeheartedly, but in the end the uncooperativeness of the administrators will kill the idea. We need to find a clear, strong way to tell those officials, "Hey! We make up this community, and it would be nothing without us. Listen up to our ideas, or we'll leave and find some other place where they value our opinion."
Old 10-01-2009, 08:02 AM
tommygun32

Try posting your suggestions in this thread:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9049381/tm.htm

Good luck