Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

My review of the new parkzone ME-109

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

My review of the new parkzone ME-109

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 03:05 PM
Bugalooob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My review of the new parkzone ME-109

Absolutely beautiful looking plane, better looking then my parkzone T-28 but it flys very squirrely...My first flight I applied full power almost immediately to try to get it off my grass field before it nosed over...it did a wicked left roll and crashed...Fixed her up and this time took off from a paved road with gradual throttle increase...The plane wanted to turn to the right on the ground but when it took off it did that wicked roll to the left but I was ready and applied full right airlerons...It flew fast and squirrely, I put flaps on it but it still has to land pretty fast...This plane doesn't fly at all like my parkzone T-28 and should be left to pilots with tail dragger warbird experience in my opinion
Old 10-25-2009, 07:35 PM
skirack

Default RE: My review of the new parkzone ME-109

I had a similar experience and found the plane hard to fly. On my first I was thrilled to get the plane back in one piece. With the advice of the guys at the club i found the CG on the larger non standard batteries needs to be 2 inches forward. The next flight was totally different, it flies great but landings are tricky. I added the flap option but have not landed with them on yet. Only flew three times but I think it will be OK. One other tip - i stuck a pin in the foam (small allen wrench) to hold the battery forward. If it slid back in flight I would of crashed.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:15 PM
stuntflyr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've flown mine a bunch of times now and I have crashed it on TO and landing most of those flights. I am going to move the cg forward, I think that'll help. I have landed it successfully after installing the flaps and landing with them at about 25 degrees. It makes it much easier to land as the body angle is lower and the washout gives you a fighting chance.
I'm going to continue to fly it because it's one of those models that makes me want to master it. It has a lot of P-factor and torque effects of a real fighter, and shows them on every flight!
Chris...
PS, I'm surprised at how tough that foam construction is, I have only had to glue a little section of one elevator back on after many tip to tip cartwheels and nose overs. On the second prop, though.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Doug47
My Feedback: (24)

Where are you guys running the CG at,anyway?
That 2 and 3/8ths in the manual from the leading edge inboard of the wheel bulge sure isn't right.
Doug
Old 11-08-2009, 10:31 PM
stuntflyr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know. I'm on a trip right now but I'll check it out when I get home and post here.
Chris...
Old 11-10-2009, 10:08 PM
_Tommy D
My Feedback: (20)

Put one together from a RA. Used the Power 15 and the stock 3 blade prop. This thing is a *****cat to hand launch and belly land. 2 thumbs up!