Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Strange behaviour of my RC, advice needed!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 05:05 AM
hekto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange behaviour of my RC, advice needed!

<font size="2">I got some issues with the car and hope for your advice.

Yesterday I've got my first tamiya tt01 with keyence exstraight ESCand associated XP2 receiver/transmitter. Was running it couple of times and here it is what happened:

The car starts run unexpectedly with full acceleration on. I have only to see it crashing to something it will meet on the way. Till now it happened twice - yesterday and today in different locations. Do you know where the problem can be? I am afraid to drive it now.

Also after the last crash I found it with front wheel axle on the floor (not sure I use the right word, I mean axle which makes weel to rotate). I didn't find anything else broken so I am going to put it back in the car, but would be good to know if it is possible for axle to fall down without damaging anything else, or I need to look more for some other broken parts?

Thank you in advance,
Denis.</font>
Old 10-14-2009, 09:32 AM
xed32

Default RE: Strange behaviour of my RC, advice needed!

Parts may be fine. Check your radio system. Calibrate your esc. I had that hapen to me once with an uncalibrated esc. it might have a button on it to do that. What frequency your radio on as well?
Old 10-14-2009, 10:17 AM
Bok

There might be some interference in the area you were running in. It happens to me, especially when I run indoors near electrical outlets. And outdoors when the car gets too far away. That's why I'm saving up for a 2.4Ghz system
Old 10-14-2009, 11:24 AM
AusDrifter18

yeh sound slike ESC or Radio Gear Problems... I hated AM / FM radio's if you can save up for 2.4 its a great move... make sure your ESC is caibrated if it still happens try drive somewhere else if the problems dont occur you know its the interference in your area... let us know howyou go.
The axle i guess your talking about the CVD.. they come out pretty easy on some cars... and shouldn have broken much... other times they could trash your hubs but it should be fine. just check for wear on the hubs.....