Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

capricorn cat 72"

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

capricorn cat 72"

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 10:28 PM
rcguy1411

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default capricorn cat 72"

capricorn cat 72 " i have the chance to pick one up for 275.00 for a bare hull is this a good deal the hull loooks to be fairly goood shape what do you guys think ? how well do they run the last one i saw didnt impress me but im not shure if it was well built
Old 10-18-2009, 01:12 AM
Weaponx83

Default RE: capricorn cat 72

Hi,

i was looking at the same hull you talk of. I asked around and found out that it is a heavy hull that requires a twin setup with the engines installed in the sponsons as there is no room in the center for an inline twin with the canopy on. It is a nice boat for the price and if you can afford the twin setup though.

Old 10-18-2009, 01:56 PM
rcguy1411

can anyone tell me how well they ran with mild mod zen s i have seen one run it was a bit of a pig though cant rember what it had for power think it was weedeater motors with a cooling ring on them it seems like a good deal for a 72 " cat and no shipping witch is the big killer !
Old 10-18-2009, 03:11 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I know of 3 companies that made a version of the 72" "Capricorn" cat (also referred to as the Skater cat). Quality between the three manufacturers varies considerably. Weight between the three also varies considerably. It is a big cat for her size. I am sure performance will vary considerably due to setup - though have never been too taken by the design.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZkFxVT5CvE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn-lwLLW0bQ

For the price you are not going to find a big boat for less - but I would expect to be putting in a good amount of work and at the end of the day you could still end up with a cat that delivers a disappointing performance.