Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

blade 400 vs trex 250

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

blade 400 vs trex 250

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 07:15 PM
kyle 9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blade 400 vs trex 250

i know that they are not in the same class, but i was at my LHS today and these are the only two electric helis that they have on the shelf , and also stock up parts for. They also have a Trex 600 but thats too much money for me to spend right now.

I have a many big parks around my house so i dont think space should be a problem. Wut would be cheap, easier to fly, and well better for me.

I dont want to do two much 3d, just fly around and then maybe go scale. I was thinking about the trex 450, but they would have to order it, it would be much more then those 2, and they didnt stock up alot of parts for the 450.

What do you think . Thanks
Old 11-01-2009, 08:35 PM
kyle 9

Default RE: blade 400 vs trex 250

ORIGINAL: kyle 9

i know that they are not in the same class, but i was at my LHS today and these are the only two electric helis that they have on the shelf , and also stock up parts for. They also have a Trex 600 but thats too much money for me to spend right now.

I have a many big parks around my house so i dont think space should be a problem. Wut would be cheap, easier to fly, and well better for me.

I dont want to do two much 3d, just fly around and then maybe go scale. I was thinking about the trex 450, but they would have to order it, it would be much more then those 2, and they didnt stock up alot of parts for the 450.

What do you think . Thanks
actually i dont really care becasue i have a blade msr now and for christmas im going to get a flight sim, and a new heli in the summer.
Im just focusing on the sizes and pricing right now.
The main question i have right now is roughly how much wind can a 200 size stand,
and how much wind can a 400 size stand?
can someone answer that please?
Thanks
Old 11-01-2009, 09:45 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

.......The main question i have right now is roughly how much wind can a 200 size stand,
and how much wind can a 400 size stand?

I have flown my Trex 450 in winds up to 15 mph. Is not fun but is possible. To take it a step further, sometimes is not about the helicopter, but about the pilot.

Rafael
Old 11-02-2009, 02:20 PM
kyle 9

ORIGINAL: Rafael23cc

I have flown my Trex 450 in winds up to 15 mph. Is not fun but is possible. To take it a step further, sometimes is not about the helicopter, but about the pilot.

Rafael
so what do u think they could both fly in winds at like 10 mph good?
i know the blade msr can fly in winds 5 mph or less. Is that the same for these two heli's?
Old 11-02-2009, 05:00 PM
Rafael23cc

I have no experience with any of the helis you are asking, but I think 10 mph could be the limit of these helis. The pilot limits could be a lot lower.

Rafael
Old 11-02-2009, 09:55 PM
jon6565

Hey Kyle ~ What you should also consider is the stability if you are a beginner. The Blade 400 is right at the limit of being a newbie heli in terms of it's stability... if you haven't flown a eCCPM heli before then you will need time to learn on the Blade. The Trex 250 is smaller again and even less stable and indeed more susceptible to winds. I don't own a 250 but I have Blade 400 and a bigger Gaui 550. They both get buffeted by winds - but as Rafael said - it is down to your skill level in winds. The Blade 400 is an excellent starting point but it will take time to learn. have you thougth about a simulator like Pheonix or Realflight first?
Old 11-02-2009, 10:50 PM
kyle 9

ORIGINAL: jon6565

Hey Kyle ~ What you should also consider is the stability if you are a beginner. The Blade 400 is right at the limit of being a newbie heli in terms of it's stability... if you haven't flown a eCCPM heli before then you will need time to learn on the Blade. The Trex 250 is smaller again and even less stable and indeed more susceptible to winds. I don't own a 250 but I have Blade 400 and a bigger Gaui 550. They both get buffeted by winds - but as Rafael said - it is down to your skill level in winds. The Blade 400 is an excellent starting point but it will take time to learn. have you thougth about a simulator like Pheonix or Realflight first?
yea as of right now i just have a blade msr, but im going to get either the realflight 4.5 or 5 for christmas, and then a new heli (blade 400/trex 250) in the summer. So i will have about 5-6 months of flight sim and blade msr.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:44 PM
jon6565

sounds like an excellent plan. if you have 5 or 6 months on the sime thenthe 250 or b400 won't make too much difference - the 250 will still be harder to fly compared to the B400 though.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:30 PM
kyle 9

ORIGINAL: jon6565

sounds like an excellent plan. if you have 5 or 6 months on the sime thenthe 250 or b400 won't make too much difference - the 250 will still be harder to fly compared to the B400 though.
alright thank you very much, but which one seems to be better in terms of like quality and design. the 250 seems to be made out of more aluminum and carbon fiber parts and the b400 seems to be made the most of plastic. I know you can get aluminum upgrades but thats like $250 more.

also do u know if you can put scale fuselages made for the 450 (align/heliartist) on the blade 400?
Thank you very much!!
Old 11-04-2009, 10:36 AM
Rafael23cc

.... the 250 seems to be made out of more aluminum and carbon fiber parts and the b400 seems to be made the most of plastic. I know you can get aluminum upgrades but thats like $250 more. ....
Again, with little experience with those particular helis, I will give you my opinion.

Bling is just bling until you know you need it. I have 2 90 sized helis. One is about 4 years old, and I've gone thru several crashes. I noticed how some parts were starting to wear out faster than others, and other parts were designed for more aggressive flying. So that one got, a pretty hefty amount of metal. THe other 90 I got aobut a month ago. The previous owner was pretty aggressive on his flying too, but kept it mostly stock with plastic parts. As I fly that one, I will pay particular attention to the parts that wear faster, and probably upgrade those as I see fit.

In summary, you will know when you need the upgrades, and which specific upgrades to get based on your flight experience.

Rafael