Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

can you believe it???

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

can you believe it???

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 04:06 PM
gtdad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can you believe it???

Well, I guess if it can be done, than I am the one to talk to........ I just got back home from trying to do a little testing with my sprint cat and what do you know.....a park ranger pulled up and wrote me a f@%&$ng ticket!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!! I thought he was kidding when he told me to bring it in and bring him my driver's licience, but nope.....here's the proof

There is no fine on the ticket, he just issued a WARNING

I swear, some people have absolutely nothing better to do???

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96495.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	199.4 KB
ID:	1313576  
Old 11-13-2009, 04:13 PM
nothinbetr2do

Default RE: can you believe it???

that sucks. looks like your going to have to find another place to run. try contacting the parks dept. to see what they say about it
Old 11-13-2009, 04:15 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: gtdad

Well, I guess if it can be done, than I am the one to talk to........ I just got back home from trying to do a little testing with my sprint cat and what do you know.....a park ranger pulled up and wrote me a ticket!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!! I thought he was kidding when he told me to bring it in and bring him my driver's licience, but nope.....here's the proof

There is no fine on the ticket, he just issued a WARNING [img][/img]

I swear, some people have absolutely nothing better to do???
I removed the image because it has your details on it (Address and Social Security Number) - not what I would be putting on a public forum. You might want to blot them out and repost the pic.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:17 PM
FlogginHarvey

WHAT!!!??? are you kidding? What did he site as the infraction??? Where were you???
Old 11-13-2009, 04:18 PM
gtdad

there is only one lake in the area that it is "legal" to run at and it's not too close to just jump in the truck and head over there on a whim......
I guess i'm gonna have to just take my chances guess this isn't the first time i've had to avoid the water patrol, huh dockman??? lol!
they said i had to have liability insurance to be able to run at the sanctioned lake also.......BITEME!! I'll just have to be an outlaw
Old 11-13-2009, 04:25 PM
FlogginHarvey

ORIGINAL: gtdad

there is only one lake in the area that it is ''legal'' to run at and it's not too close to just jump in the truck and head over there on a whim......
I guess i'm gonna have to just take my chances [img][/img] guess this isn't the first time i've had to avoid the water patrol, huh dockman??? lol!
they said i had to have liability insurance to be able to run at the sanctioned lake also.......BITE ME!! I'll just have to be an outlaw [img][/img]

Sanctioned lake, where is that??? and there is a lake patrol on duty??? I am not even sure where to go about getting liability insurance for RC Boats??? Sounds like a bored Lake Patrol...
Old 11-13-2009, 04:30 PM
gtdad

it  was pretty shocking for me....my father-in-law carries my insurance through his company........hmmmmmmmm
Old 11-13-2009, 04:52 PM
Dockman

This is the crazest thing I have heard in a long time. Floggin he was running on Blue Springs lake in Blue Springs, mo. Also my buddy Brian bought Tony's expresscraft last night. Sure wished I would have had the money to buy it, very nice boat.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:59 PM
FlogginHarvey

ORIGINAL: Dockman

This is the crazest thing I have heard in a long time. Floggin he was running on Blue Springs lake in Blue Springs, mo. Also my buddy Brian bought Tony's expresscraft last night. Sure wished I would have had the money to buy it, very nice boat.

Blue Springs nees help.

He picked up a nice boat. You'll find another...who knows, maybe you can talk some one he knows out of a Drambuie some time in the Spring???!!! I would love to have a Quickdraw. Maybe next Spring?

i'll keep my eyes out for someting ust in case. Have you run lately? I need to play around with the new prop on the Rico wanna run Monday if the weather holds??? Pop me a line.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:19 PM
Dockman

ORIGINAL: FlogginHarvey

ORIGINAL: Dockman

Blue Springs nees help.

He picked up a nice boat. You'll find another...who knows, maybe you can talk some one he knows out of a Drambuie some time in the Spring???!!! I would love to have a Quickdraw. Maybe next Spring?

i'll keep my eyes out for someting ust in case. Have you run lately? I need to play around with the new prop on the Rico wanna run Monday if the weather holds??? Pop me a line.
I would love to run on Monday but my boat is gutted. I am getting a new throttle linkage setup and my flex did not line up just right so I gutted it. Th gas tank is in the way for a bell crank linkage so I ordered an iv bag. I want to paint (rattle can) the interior but not sure what to use? Do you have any suggestions on something that the gas will not eat up? My throttle stuff will not be in until next week. Brian offered the setup he got from Tony for the expresscraft but I told him I did not want to mess with it since it is all set for his boat. I plan on working on it Sunday while smoking a pork loin so, if I get it back together Ill give you a call.
Old 11-14-2009, 12:04 AM
wave waker

wow, did u have a heated argument before he issued a ticket?,,or maybe he's trying to get a quota

that's sad experience....
Old 11-14-2009, 12:52 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Were you caught on radar? I didn't see any speed specified on the warning.
Some lakes around here do have speed limits of 45 MPH, mostly because they're big and have some fast boats on them. When you see blowers and fuel injectors reaching for the sky it must be hard to keep them from mashing the pedal.
Try working with the Parks and Recreation Department and hopefully someone besides this guy who had to justify his paycheck by writing you up.
The boat was run in a BS Lake like the ticket said as this is exactly what the warning is!
Old 11-14-2009, 09:38 AM
gtdad

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

Were you caught on radar? I didn't see any speed specified on the warning.
Some lakes around here do have speed limits of 45 MPH, mostly because they're big and have some fast boats on them. When you see blowers and fuel injectors reaching for the sky it must be hard to keep them from mashing the pedal.
Try working with the Parks and Recreation Department and hopefully someone besides this guy who had to justify his paycheck by writing you up.
The boat was run in a BS Lake like the ticket said as this is exactly what the warning is!
he said i needeed "liability insurance" from AMA, which he had no idea what this was, and then i could run on the "sanctioned" lake........
baaaaa humbug!!! they can all kiss my rooster tail!! I will be out on the area lakes soon .

Old 11-14-2009, 09:46 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

That's a crock of doo-doo. If you own your home, part of it is covered by your liability insurance. NAMBA covers you wherever you run your boat. Although he sounds like he may know RC planes as he knows about the AMA, they aren't a boat sanctioning body. Try entering a race by telling them that you're an AMA member. That would go over about as well as if I went to a flying field and showed them my IMPBA card!
Do they fly planes at this park?