Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Building the H9 P-40 Warhawk

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Building the H9 P-40 Warhawk

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 09:41 PM
KSPILOT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building the H9 P-40 Warhawk

Im getting ready to build this model and need to know what is the best way to run the exhaust WITHOUT having to cut up the cowling.
I am using a Magnum 91 FS and I have to leave the muffler on to get fuel tank pressure,I need to somehow extend the exhaust pipe out
the bottom of the cowl.
Pics would be a plus also.
I like the Keleo pipes but @ 150.00 not feasible.
Any ideas on this problem and any others I should know about.
Thank You!
Old 11-29-2009, 11:13 PM
RBean

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Building the H9 P-40 Warhawk

KSPILOT,

First you'll want to mount the fuel tank as low as you can get it. The fuel line coming out of the tank to the carb should be the same level as the carb, or lower with an inverted installation. This is to help keep from flooding the engine. Next you should mount the engine angled to the left as you are looking at the airplane from the front. This also help lower the flooding problems and allow more room for the exhaust bend. OS makes a 90 degree bend exhaust fitting for the OS .91 FS which fits the Magnum .91 FS. With this and the stock extention and muffler and maybe an exhaust diverter, you should be able to route the exhaust out the lower rear of the cowling. Tower Hobbies sells the extension. Don't have a picture.