Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

Air Retracts - quick disconnects

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Air Retracts - quick disconnects

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2003, 11:43 AM
Banks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Retracts - quick disconnects

Do you have an opinion regarding realiability with air quick disconnects? I'd love to hear them.

I am debating whether to install the air system (fill valve, check valve, pressure gauge) totally on the wing or use a quick disconnect and install the fill valve and pressure guage on the fuse; where they can be easily seen. I am using robart equipment so, any thoughts on their plastic disconnects would be appreciated.

Regards,
Banks
Old 07-07-2003, 11:45 AM
branded
My Feedback: (9)

Default Air Retracts - quick disconnects

I use 'em all the time, on all my warbirds....nary a problem.
Old 07-07-2003, 12:28 PM
paero-RCU
My Feedback: (14)

Default Disconnects

I've used the Robart ones on my Midwest T-6 without a problem. They will hold the pressure longer that you'll ever want. I recommend them.
Old 07-07-2003, 09:08 PM
nchrome

Default Air retracts quick dis

The quick disconnects work just fine and rairly leak. Rite now though Im installing B&D retracts in my P-47 and I put every thing in the wing. So now all I have to do is hook up the servo leads and add some air and fuel and go. I tested the system a while back and the system held air for three weeks and still retracked the wheels. Not bad hu. The tail wheel is retracted by servo though and Ill have to figure out a way to slow the servo down for more of a scale look. Got any ideas out there in the univere? :spinnyeye