Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Feibao SU 27 Twin ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Feibao SU 27 Twin ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 11:52 PM
dalbe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feibao SU 27 Twin ?

Hi Guys

Was thinking of doing a Su 27 as my next project was looking for some feedback on the Feibao SU 27 whats the quality and build like how it flys and lands what engines you used Finished weight and is vectoring Nozzles avalible for it any feed back would be great.

Thanks Dallas
Old 12-27-2009, 07:26 AM
pilott28
My Feedback: (27)

Default RE: Feibao SU 27 Twin ?

If you do a search you will find my build thread out here in the forum from a couple of years back. 17-19 pound thrust engines are ideal for the plane ... mine weighed in at around 37 pounds wet.

The plane handles well. Mine was set up with tailerons and flaps, but I would recommend using the wing control surfaces as ailerons and forget the flaps altogether. Like the F16, the plane really slows down without flaps and with their proximity to the tail structures, I found some degradation of aileron performance when full flaps were deployed.

The plane came together nicely. Weak points are the nose section where I added carbon fiber to reinforce, I added saddle tanks to get more fuel capacity and the landing gear. They are three heavy gear all retracting forward, and I could never get them to work reliably. The Brits have been flying one and have gotten their gear to work better ...I believe they are using high air pressures. If I were to do one again, I would probably convert the gear to true hydraulic operation.

Read the threads out here on Fei Bao factory support ... there are very polarized and mixed opinions about the quality of their kits and the level of support if you have a problem. Some have had good experiences, others, not so good.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:34 AM
dalbe

ORIGINAL: pilott28

If you do a search you will find my build thread out here in the forum from a couple of years back. 17-19 pound thrust engines are ideal for the plane ... mine weighed in at around 37 pounds wet.

The plane handles well. Mine was set up with tailerons and flaps, but I would recommend using the wing control surfaces as ailerons and forget the flaps altogether. Like the F16, the plane really slows down without flaps and with their proximity to the tail structures, I found some degradation of aileron performance when full flaps were deployed.

The plane came together nicely. Weak points are the nose section where I added carbon fiber to reinforce, I added saddle tanks to get more fuel capacity and the landing gear. They are three heavy gear all retracting forward, and I could never get them to work reliably. The Brits have been flying one and have gotten their gear to work better ...I believe they are using high air pressures. If I were to do one again, I would probably convert the gear to true hydraulic operation.

Read the threads out here on Fei Bao factory support ... there are very polarized and mixed opinions about the quality of their kits and the level of support if you have a problem. Some have had good experiences, others, not so good.

Thanks tried to find your build thread can't find it but thanks for the feedback.

Regards Dallas
Old 12-29-2009, 06:51 AM
Geoff White

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_81..._1/key_/tm.htm