Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

need help on BL selection

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 08:08 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default need help on BL selection

so i have a TL-01. i want to go brushless w/o spending big bucks. i already have a 3s 30c 3000mah lipo.
it looks like the ezrun bl systems are the cheapest.
i can get the 35amp system with program card and motor for $75.
but should i get the 13t, or the 9t motor?
i want decent speed, but dont want to rip up the drivetrain of the tl-01. for now, the only upgrade i have on it is ball bearings.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:34 PM
NovakTwo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: need help on BL selection

If you are on a budget, check out our store area where we list our factory re-manufactured BL electronics. They all come with a new factory warranty, and our motors are ROAR approved if you want to get involved in a little racing:

TeamNovak Factory Re-Manufactured Electronics

All of our items are mfg here in CA. We have full customer and tech support available; and we offer a comprehensive trade-in program for our products.

Old 02-17-2010, 01:08 AM
simplechamp
My Feedback: (18)

I would suggest going with a Castle, Tekin, LRP, or Novak. You will pay more, but you are paying for quality, and the service and support after the purchase. The EZ-Run systems might work alright, but when the time comes where you need help with a problem or service for a damaged controller you'll be out of luck. Ipersonally use Castle controllers in all my vehicles and have never been disatisfied with their product. The new Mamba Max Pro is an awesome controller.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:26 PM
Bok

I have the ezrun 60A esc/5.5T combo in my TT01 and I love it. I have gone through about 22+ packs on my ezrun, and not a single problem.

To the OP, I suggest getting the EZRUN .5 motors (5.5, 8.5, 13.5) because they are true 540 size motors. Have you tried fitting your 3S pack in your TL01? I don't think it will fit, as the TL01 only accepts stick-pack sized lipos. If that's the case, then I suggest getting the EZRUN 5.5 combo and a couple of stick-pack sized 2S lipos.