Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Mig 15 and Phantom II Market Value

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Mig 15 and Phantom II Market Value

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 11:11 PM
nibs2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mig 15 and Phantom II Market Value

<span style="font-size: medium">I wanted to find out the market value of a couple of Ducted Fan Jets which I am thinking about selling. Both planes are built to high standards. I have interest locally and I'm looking more for information, but if you are interested in possibly purchasing, please drop me a note. I am in the Minneapolisarea.</span></p>

<span style="font-size: medium">Good Used: Byron Originals Mig-15. OS .77 VRDFengine,Byron Fanand pipe, Futaba FP-T5UAF radio, fixed <span id="lw_1266377370_1" class="yshortcuts" style="border-bottom: #0066cc 1px dashed; cursor: hand">landing gear</span>. This model has a couple dozen flights.This has the great looking red Russian acrobatic team <span id="lw_1266377370_2" class="yshortcuts" style="border-bottom: #0066cc 1px dashed; cursor: hand">paint scheme</span> (epoxy paint) and won best of show at a clubmall display years back.

Brand New: Jet Hanger Hobbies F-4 Phantom II. OS .65 VRDF engine, Dynamax Fan,t<span id="lw_1266377370_3" class="yshortcuts" style="border-bottom: medium none; background: none transparent scroll repeat 0% 0%; cursor: hand">win exhaust pipe</span>, Retracts. This model is approximately 98% complete, with final set up and painting to be completed. I have all the hardware, plans, and instructions, plus two pilots (unfinished). I put a great deal of time into this plane and it looks great. I believe this model can be convert to turbine with parts available from JHH.

</span><span style="font-size: medium">Please drop me a note if you can provide me with some accurate market value information. I will try and post some pictures shortly. Thank you for your time.</span></p>
Old 02-16-2010, 11:16 PM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Mig 15 and Phantom II Market Value

Without pictures it's VERY hard to make any sort of determination as to value.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:21 PM
Ram-bro
My Feedback: (101)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You have 2 planes that will sell . The Mig is the lesser of the 2 due to no retracts . Without seeing pics, I think the best you can do will be $1000 and probably closer to $750. The JHH Phanthom not yet complete would probably sell better without the OS....parts issue there. With electrics picking up in popularity it would be a perfect match. Without pics I would value w/o the OS at around$1000.00. It is hard to price your time when trying to sell. All I can say is pick a price that is good for you and if you dont have to sell it, don't and people will try and hurt your feelings when selliing. Just my .02 worth.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:13 AM
DPKII
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

As stated, it is really a decision between you and the buyer as to what is fair. I attend a few swap meets and model estate sales now and then. For the most part the prices start at about 1/2 the cost of the items new and then go up or down somewhat from there depending on condition etc.

I just saw a JHH F4 at a swap meet similar to yours but was finished and had flown. Had a little hanger rash, but not bad - Rhom retracts and OS/Dynamax. Asking price was $450.00. It did not sell.

There was also a Byron Mig 15 at a swap meet last year - no retracts, beat up airframe with OS77,pipe, byro-fan. It sold for $50.00.

Dave
Old 02-17-2010, 08:51 PM
nibs2000

Photos are posted in My Gallery
Old 02-17-2010, 08:57 PM
Ram-bro
My Feedback: (101)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Byron looks good,7500 max and the F4 about what I said. If you dont have to sell it, stick by your guns
Old 02-17-2010, 09:42 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No more than $.50 on the dollar. Since they are ducted fan (small market), it might be closer to $.25 on the dollar.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:31 PM
rcyogi

still for sale?
Old 02-19-2010, 11:38 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Considering what the engines are (not popular DF engines anymore, not that DF is really popular anymore), and lack of retracts on the Mig, and amount of work left on the F4, I would honestly say probably closer to $500 on the Mig and $450ish on the F4 realistically. But, it's just my opinion, actual results may vary