Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

sudden increase in data log numbers

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 09:49 AM
aris1
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sudden increase in data log numbers

Dear Modelers,
I hope my email will find you all in good health.As a newcomer to 2.4, (6 months) I need your opinion, concerning the numbers that I recorded yesterday on my last flight of the day at my local flying club.I have been recording numbers, at my flying club for the last 6 months, and the MAXIMUM that I recorded was 17 fades on one internal receiver.Yesterday, after my last flight with a Dave Platt zero,
equipped with the JR 921 rx and 2 remote receivers, when I plugged my data log I got the following numbers:179 fades on internal receiver A, 167 fades on internal receiver B, 65 fades on the left remote receiver, and 60 fades on the right remote receiver, 4 frame loss
and NO HOLDS.As I told you before the maximum that I saw was 17!!!! Is this normal ? Do I have to move my remote receivers ? For your information my remote receivers are located far away from the main one ,one in front of the fuselage and the other in the tail , placed also in different heights, and directions. According to JR data log instructions, it is NORMAL to have up to 100 fades on one antenna
during a flight. I am ABOVE 100!!!On the other side they say that if any single antenna experiences over 500 FADES IN A SINGLE FLIGHT,
that this antenna should be repositioned in the aircraft to optimize RF link.So what is the maximum fades permitted 100 or 500?Did I have
a threat from somebody else? There was another modeler flying with me, He was flying with a futaba 9 zap, using a pcm receiver, on 35 frequency.We were only 2 guys at the club.I send an email to JR explaining them ,but no answer yet. Could you please inform me if you thing that I should do something, relocate the receivers, or something else.Thanking you in advance I hope to hear from you soon.
KEEP ON MODELING!!!!!!
Aris
Old 02-20-2010, 10:39 AM
snuts

Default RE: sudden increase in data log numbers

Aris,17 Frame losses is the total of al 4 receivers. I would expect that the majority of them came from the receivers with the highest number of fades. In this case the Main receiver (s) A, &B. The Fades on the remote receivers are quite acceptable in my opinion. If possible can you easily twist the Main receiver to orientate the whiskers 45* from what they are currently?
As for the change in the # of Fades, it could quite easily be the you were flying in an airborn orientation long enough with your Main Receiver hidden from the best R/F link. Such as doing a few long slow approches where the Main Receiver would be shadowed by the engine block. I have experienced an increase it Fades when one of my Motor Gliders was strugling in the headwind going directly away from me with one remote receiver stuck to the fuse side. In essence looking right at the end of that remote receiver. That flight logged 999 Frame losses, and about 15 Fades. I turned that same receiver 90* vertical, as to orientate it 90* to the line of sight. Next flight very low Frame loses, and only 1 Fade on a 20 min flight.
In my opinion your #'s are fair, and most likely a shadowed set of main receivers. Hope this helps, I understand the love that has been built into you scale ships. Keep up the logging, and note if your flight orientation may contribute to your Fades. Under 20 on a 10min flight with all 4 receivers is quite acceptable in my opinion.
-Snuts-
Old 02-20-2010, 04:13 PM
aris1
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: sudden increase in data log numbers

Snuts, good afternoon
Thank you for your answer concerning my high numbers.I will try to move the main receiver 45 degrees as you said.
The problem is that despite the fact that it is a 1/5 scale Platt Zero, I don,t have space to move it vertical. The only place where I can put it vertical is in the cockpit, but this is an almost full scale zero, it is a shame after so many work, to see in a full scale cockpit , a receiver
and full of cables!!!!!! Anyway, thank you again for your advice.
Aris