Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

1/4 Scale Supermarine Spitfire by Air Classics

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

1/4 Scale Supermarine Spitfire by Air Classics

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 12:57 PM
arg1415x3
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/4 Scale Supermarine Spitfire by Air Classics

Hi, I have a set of scratch build 1/4 scale 111 inch wingspan Supermarine Spitfire plans from Air Classics.

Has anyone heard of Air Classics, and how do the plans compare with Don Smith or Rick Reeves plans. Are Air Classic plans original designs or copies from other desingers? Any I/P welcome.

Alan
Old 03-16-2010, 08:26 AM
peterduplessis
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: 1/4 Scale Supermarine Spitfire by Air Classics

Hi Alan,
Are you refering to the Airclassics magazine ??? I have never heard of that spit in the scratch built circles here in SA.
[link]http://www.challengeweb.com/magazines.html[/link]

I just created a new thread for the C-Arf 1/4 scale spit, and would be keen to communicate on some specific warbird issues. eg engine cooling, Flap setups, gear mounting and paints/finished. Good luck with your project!
Cheers
Peter
Old 03-16-2010, 12:14 PM
arg1415x3
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: 1/4 Scale Supermarine Spitfire by Air Classics

Hi Peter,

They might be from the magazine, but there is no specific mention of it on the plans, or of any designer. The info box just says Air Classics 1/4 scale 111 inch wingspan Supermarine Spitfire. The plans are complete with all templates for formers etc, plus type of balsa / ply and thickness, including some limited build instructions. I'm just trying to decide which spitfire to build, I have a 1/6 scale (60" WS) and a 1/5 scale (88" WS) pica spitfire kits, plus these 1/4 scale (111" WS) plans. I'm leaning towards the 1/5 scale as I do have a cockpit kit , spinner, OS BGX engine, retracts and wheels. But a nice big 1/4 scale spitty would be nice, decisions decisions!!!

Alan
Old 07-21-2024, 06:35 PM
eagledriver911

I have the same plans,I’ve had them for years.I bought them in a tube from a seller on eBay.