Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

rustler vxl handling and stability

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 04:38 PM
///BasHardeR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rustler vxl handling and stability

I am new to the forum and i just took my rusty out to a parking lot it kept either going on two wheels in a turn or just flipping comepletely over i have rpma-arms, casters, front shock tower and stock shocks with 45wt oil,i am running on a venom 3000mah 8.4v 7 cell hump and 2.8 talons on 2.2 rims what can i do to increase handling and stability?</p>
Old 04-19-2010, 04:45 PM
fastandloud

Default RE: rustler vxl handling and stability

Not to sound like a jerk but......sounds like you gotta learn how the car likes to be driven. 2wd takes a little getting used to.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:58 PM
///BasHardeR

Yea im not the BEST driver but is there anything that will help like shock oil or something?I wasnt turning sharp probably like a 15 -20 ft turning radius was pulling wheels off the ground.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:09 PM
fastandloud

Did you have the throttle pinned throughout your 15-20ft turning radius? Ive found that you cant be heavy on the gas when your turning anything 2wd. Just what ive found. Maybe some heavier rims might help you a bit.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:46 PM
qoisdhc oqina
My Feedback: (-1)

Shocks in the outermost holes on the arms,inner most on shock tower.keep the oil.light throttle finger.different tires.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:53 PM
TRXRUSTLER
My Feedback: (7)

you should be running 35 wt in the front and 30 wt in the rear. If you lower your chassis a bit it won't be as top heavy and shouldn't flip as much, but if you are going to fast in the turns anything is going to flip. Just some advice, if you are looking for a truck that has good handling I wouldn't have chose the Rustler, I would go for a T4 or something, Just my 2 cents.

Chris
Old 04-19-2010, 10:56 PM
rast4man
My Feedback: (10)

Do yourself a favor and rip the VXL system out of the Rusty and put it in something better.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:18 AM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

When you say getting up on 2 wheels do you mean it's getting up on the side wheels in a corner or the rear wheels when you get on the throttle? If it's handling you're looking for and you're running mostly on road then move the lower shock mounts out to the last hole on the arms. This will lower the truck a bit. Also use only enough preload spacers to get the front and rear arms to sit level with the ground. The jacked up 4x4 look does nothing for handling so use only what you need.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:44 AM
Shenanigans
My Feedback: (12)

Drop your shocks to lowest setting...use lighter oil....get road slick tires.  The more grip your tires have on concrete, the more risk you have of tipping on a turn.